I'm in the Dream

nol4am

Well I'm on the Dream which is great but it will be a long dinner each Nite. I Wasn't aware I could not bring my glass of wine to dinner with me. Charge me two times?? I think not! Ok vented now on to the rest of cruise ...

I asked out loud if I bring my own glass of wine you would charge me a corkage fee n was told yes! I almost lost it! I will see the maitre d on way out to ask :(

Edited by nol4am

Just spoke w maitre d and our waiter was in the wrong. We can bring a glass with us although they have a new wine package that he was mistaken about. Least that's their story. So all is well for tomorrow nite!

Just spoke w maitre d and our waiter was in the wrong. We can bring a glass with us although they have a new wine package that he was mistaken about. Least that's their story. So all is well for tomorrow nite!

Glad to hear that. We bring a drink to dinner every night!

I've done this several times and never been charged. I poured the wine in the room and carried it to dinner. Most recently on the fascination. My understanding is the corkage fee applies to having them open the bottle for you. How would they know if you purchased the wine at a bar on your way in or brought it from your room?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Glad it was settled! It would be impossible for them to know if you bought the wine at a bar or brought it from home, so this could never be enforced. Maybe the server was new and just made a mistake. :) I will be on the Dream next week, can't wait.

Quick question, can you bring on a 12 pack of cokes AND a bottle of wine? Or just one or the other?

Quick question, can you bring on a 12 pack of cokes AND a bottle of wine? Or just one or the other?

You may bring a 12 pack of non-alcoholic beverage (coke) in cans or bottles no larger than 20 oz. each per passenger, and a bottle of wine or champagne no larger than 750 ml. for each passenger over 21 years of age.