Car Rental in Genoa?

VirtualRain

Are there any car rental agencies near the port in Genoa? If not, is there anything within a short walk, metro ride, or taxi ride?

We want to visit Portofino for part of our stop over in Genoa.

Thanks.

Do you want the big companies such as Hertz, Avis Europcar etc.? There aren't really any near the port as it is such an old city and so compact in the centre. Most are a taxi ride away, or at the airport. There is one within walking distance to the port but can't find a website for it.

Do you want the big companies such as Hertz, Avis Europcar etc.? There aren't really any near the port as it is such an old city and so compact in the centre. Most are a taxi ride away, or at the airport. There is one within walking distance to the port but can't find a website for it.

I would be fine with anything that's close to the port.

Google Maps turned up this place...

http://www.manuelcarrent.it

Is that the one you were thinking of?

I would be fine with anything that's close to the port.

Google Maps turned up this place...

http://www.manuelcarrent.it

Is that the one you were thinking of?

No there was one the other way as well. That one would be about a 15-20 minute walk from the docks if you're coming in on a cruise ship from a company like MSC or P&O

No there was one the other way as well. That one would be about a 15-20 minute walk from the docks if you're coming in on a cruise ship from a company like MSC or P&O

Hmm. Ok good to know... But I guess I don't even know where the ship docks. :( I'll be on Princess... Do you or anyone else she king this thread know where the ship's tie up?

Hmm. Ok good to know... But I guess I don't even know where the ship docks. :( I'll be on Princess... Do you or anyone else she king this thread know where the ship's tie up?

There are two terminals in Genoa, one for cruises and one for shipping/commuting lines so I would assume you would dock at the cruise one, stazioni marittime. That is the one where MSC docks. I highly doubt it would dock at the other one, especially as the HOHO bus picks up from the cruise line terminal.

There are two terminals in Genoa, one for cruises and one for shipping/commuting lines so I would assume you would dock at the cruise one, stazioni marittime. That is the one where MSC docks. I highly doubt it would dock at the other one, especially as the HOHO bus picks up from the cruise line terminal.

Thanks. It looks like the easiest thing to do is exit the port, get on the metro at the nearest station, and then ride it to the end (train station) where there is a Europcar rental place nearby. :)