A Conquest Wedding

Hi Ladies, I apologize in advance that this post is not the full review I would like to do. I just returned home from our trip yesterday....to cold and rainy weather no less!!!!!!

The wedding was AMAZING. Truly. But when I tell you it was short....it was SHORT. I wanted to share a few quick observations with you all in hopes to help you plan better. Some I had read but didn't listen to, some I wish I had read and paid attention to.

1.) Make a list of photos you would like to take. Bring a copy. Give it to the photographer. I am so sad that I did not get pics with my whole family...we got some with his side, but in the rush, mine was forgotten. Make a photo list.

2.) In my binder, I had what I thought was everything.....upon arrival at the port, I didn't have my guest list in there....and neither did Carnival. They worked things out, but having it would have helped.

3.) Calll your credit card company and alert them that you are traveling....I usually do this prior to any cruise, but in the wedding rush I totally forgot....and it landed me in guest services a few times tryiing to phone the bank. Not a huge deal whatsoever, but just thought I would throw this in there.

4.) We had a big reahearsal/wedding dinner the night before. All the guests who attended the wedding came...it was nice to have the extra little time to spend with them as the wedding day will go by SUPER fast. If at all possible, I reccomend something like this.

5.) You need a welcome letter. I totally read that advice, but blew it off. I wish I had sent it out advance or handed it out the night before. It needed to address things like attire, wedding gifts, and when/where. I thought the information insert explained alot of things, like the one we sent with our invitations, but it didn't. Or people lost it.

I'm sure there will be more to come. Most importantly, ENJOY your day. Every single moment. It will go by FAST....and before you know it, it will be over. Have fun and move beyond the hard parts or things that don't go perfectly.

I'm going to try to post a photo here, but haven't ever done it so hopefully it works. Feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer them here in the next few days:)

• 10 months later...