Wrigley80's Carnival Breeze Photo Review - March 8-14, 2015

wrigley80

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up who is following along with my review. I live in Kirkland, Illinois. Our neighboring town of Fairdale was destroyed by a tornado tonight. 90% of the town is gone. I'm sure many of you may have seen coverage on the news tonight. It hit about 7:00 pm. We are a small, right knit community so this is devastating.

It may be a few days before I am able to post any more photos. Please pray my friends, neighbors, and community [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

This is very sad to hear. Praying for all.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up who is following along with my review. I live in Kirkland, Illinois. Our neighboring town of Fairdale was destroyed by a tornado tonight. 90% of the town is gone. I'm sure many of you may have seen coverage on the news tonight. It hit about 7:00 pm. We are a small, right knit community so this is devastating.

It may be a few days before I am able to post any more photos. Please pray my friends, neighbors, and community [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Wow, what a small World. I grew up in Genoa/Kingston and we lived there until

about 8 years ago when we moved to Georgia. I was actually a DeKalb County Sheriff and patrolled in North zone, Kirkland and Fairdale included. We were just there visiting last week for Spring Break! Hard to believe it happened there, soo very sad. Crazy about Rochelle as well, since we had been to Grubsteakers a few times.

Edited by WAHMto5

OK everyone I am back it was a busy weekend of clean-up and a lot of volunteering at our Fire Department. The fire department served as the drop off point for donations from the community. I've always said that living in a small town has its advantages and disadvantages but this weekend I witnessed first hand the love and support that small town communities have for one another. We all came together to help out wherever we can. Finally last night they had to make an announcement to stop the donations because our little town had no where else to put anything.

I am going to get caught up with some of the comments and then I will resume the photo review.

Thanks Again for being so patient with me :)

I LOVE your bar hop shirts - best thing ever! :D

Also, your pics of the eastern side of Cozumel are stunning.

I can't take the credit for our Bar Hop shirts. That was Laura's idea but they were a big hit on the Bar Hop. Everyone would just call out "hey drunk #2 do you need a shot"

The Eastern side of Cozumel is beautiful and if you have never been over there you have to go to see it for yourself.

Thats awful, glad you are okay and praying for everyone in your community.

Thank You. We didn't have any damage but it was definitely a scary evening spent in our basement

Praying for all those affected by the tornado :(. We are in central Illinois and had some scary weather here too. We are very close to Washington IL which was devastated by a tornado last year, so I know how you are feeling now. So sad people losing everything.

Yes it sure is. People work their entire lives and can lose everything in an instant. A community member from Washington, IL was in Fairdale yesterday and she presented our Kirkland Lions Club with a check for $10,000 from money that was raised online. That was so special coming from people who know exactly what we are going through

I looked up Kirkland and Fairdale and that is very close! I will send prayers to their town. Thanks for letting us know you are doing okay.

Yes Kirkland and Fairdale are only about 3 miles apart. Fairdale kids go to Kirkland schools. Fairdale is an unincorporated town of about 150 residents. So everyone knows everyone. We are a very close community.

Will be praying.

Thank You for the prayers

Brianna I was thinking of you last night as I was watching the coverage. I knew you lived up north but didn't know what town. I'm so sorry and will be praying for your community.

If I wasn't volunteering somewhere in the community this weekend then I was watching the news coverage. Every time you turned it on you were seeing a different story that was just said and heartbreaking as the previous one

Prayers to all affected by this devestation. Brianna, thakful you are okay. My parents, my DB, 2 aunts and uncles and a few cousins all live at the Jersey shore and all their homes were wiped out from Hurricane Sandy. They are STILL getting "back on their feet" and I know the horror of something like this. :(:(

Thank You so much. It is so sad to see what Hurricanes and Tornados leave behind.

Brianna, I wondered if this was near you when I heard about it on the news yesterday. Prayers for everyone affected by this terrible tragedy. So glad that you and your family are ok.

Yeah this was very close to us. Only about 3 miles to the west (the next town over). You never think that it is going to happen to you. Thank you for the prayers

Sending prayers and thought to your community and everyone affected. So terrible!

Really enjoying your review and will be back once everything is settled for you at home. Thank you again for putting this together.

Thank You. It is nice to get back to work today and get back into some sense of normalization again. :)

I saw that on the Weather Channel last night - so horrible. :( I'm glad you are ok.

Thank You

Brianna, Sending prayers for your neighbors and everyone effected by this tornado also to the relief workers who will be there to help. Gary

Our little community definitely had a lot of help this weekend to get things cleaned up. It is amazing to see such a tragedy bring so many people together.

Brianna, thanks for checking in. When I heard the news I wasn't sure how close you were to the affected area, so I'm relieved to hear you are fine. How devastating for those affected by this. :( I'll definitely be thinking of everyone. Take care and come back when you can.

Heather

Thank You so much. It was definitely too close for comfort. When the first tornado warning siren went off we were sitting on our patio watching the sky. By the time the second one come we were in the basement.

Sending up prayers for everyone! Be safe Brianna!

Thank you for the prayers

Brianna! So glad that you and your family are ok. I am so sorry for your neighboring town. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe.

Thank You so much. It hits home a lot more when it is so close to you....when it destroys homes and lives of people that I went to school with

Sending prayers in your direction

Thank you :)

I'm originally from IL and my dad still lives there. I was so worried yesterday. I'm glad you are ok! Praying for all those effected.

Where were from in Illinois?? Continue with the prayers for my community

Oh Brianna...praying for you and your friends and neighbors...and enjoying your review...wow...what an ordeal..thanks for heads up...I am halfway with review, continued prayers for your dad...Sarah

Thank You Sarah. Yes it was definitely quite a weekend

So sorry Brianna. Praying for your neighbors and the town. Thank you for sharing your trips with us!

Preacher's wife

Thank You for the prayers. I truly enjoy putting these reviews together :)

This is very sad to hear. Praying for all.

Thank you :)

owy..so sad to hear of tornado and it being so close must have been scary...continued prayers for the residents of town hit....and your and yours

Yes it was very scary. We could hear the wind from our basement. We stayed in our basement until we had an all clear. Thank you for the continued prayers.

Wow, what a small World. I grew up in Genoa/Kingston and we lived there until

about 8 years ago when we moved to Georgia. I was actually a DeKalb County Sheriff and patrolled in North zone, Kirkland and Fairdale included. We were just there visiting last week for Spring Break! Hard to believe it happened there, soo very sad. Crazy about Rochelle as well, since we had been to Grubsteakers a few times.

Yeah that is a small world. I actually grew up in Genoa. We moved to Kirkland when I was going into the 6th grade. Yes you never believe that it is going to happen so close to you until it does.

My mom and dad had just been to Grubsteakers the previous Saturday for dinner with some friends and now that is gone too

Since you do such a great job at reviews, I think we should all ante up a few bucks each, pick a ship to send you on and enjoy the review. Thanks for all your hard work

I think that is a fabulous idea. I am more than willing to accept that offer. You pick the ship :)

OK now back to our regularly scheduled programming :) I left off with our second stop on the Cozumel Bar Hop. The second stop is Coconuts Bar and Grill. Now out of the 4 stops this one was my least favorite only because it was quite a hike up some very uneven steps to the stop. And the only thing to hold onto was a hand rope that didn't seem too stable. When we arrived this bar was very busy and it was very hot

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20373_zpsp2vulvtp.jpg

This was the view from the top at Coconuts

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20374_zpszr98anyg.jpg

It may have been a long hike to the top but this view was so beautiful

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20375_zps1h58hrpc.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20376_zpsosykskxb.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20377_zpsjx2nr7vp.jpg

Me and Jan at the overlook at Coconuts

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20378_zpsduns07ux.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20379_zps0sh1g8ah.jpg

Coconuts Bar

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20380_zpsttwdn8v1.jpg

The thing that makes Coconuts unique on the Bar Hop is all the old t-shirts all over this tiki hut ceiling. There were some very old shirts up there

730a50ea-7c3b-4e8b-9c11-4a75625ab81a_zps6px61la6.jpg

Laura and Octavia giving me their best pose ;)

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20382_zpsg5ecm6su.jpg

Of course Laura had to point this shirt out to me. I would beg to dinner with this one.....hahahahaha

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20383_zpsxpbzjlhh.jpg

Coconuts is also know for having a lot of animals onsite. This little guy was staring at me and I didn't notice him until the bartender pointed him out to me. I kinda freaked out a little :p

9538464b-47c9-40da-b05b-62823c79af32_zpsqaazppfb.jpg

I ordered a Pina Colada with fresh coconut. It was very good

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20386_zpsaicnoe1m.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20387_zps2pbeiauv.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20388_zpsolozxcul.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20389_zpsp0w3fhah.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20390_zps2ujklyvc.jpg

I completely agree with this shirt.....GO BEARS

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20391_zpszqs9hvrj.jpg

I think this is one of the funniest pictures of the cruise. An empty Pepto-Bismol bottle in a Fishbowl. This photo says it all :p

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20392_zpsclvjosyk.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20393_zpswpsj5alp.jpg

Laura and I doing "the lean" at Coconuts.

Don't get wrong I enjoyed the bar once we were up there but the hike up about 40 steps on an uneven surface was not fun. I am definitely happy that this wasn't the last bar otherwise those stairs would have been a killer trying to come down......hahahahaha

OK everyone I am back it was a busy weekend of clean-up and a lot of volunteering at our Fire Department. The fire department served as the drop off point for donations from the community. I've always said that living in a small town has its advantages and disadvantages but this weekend I witnessed first hand the love and support that small town communities have for one another. We all came together to help out wherever we can. Finally last night they had to make an announcement to stop the donations because our little town had no where else to put anything.

I am going to get caught up with some of the comments and then I will resume the photo review.

Thanks Again for being so patient with me :)

Completely understand the first hand love of communities is awesome to see firsthand. I hope you recovery and rebuilding goes easily and quickly. Our city still rebuilding after 4 years next month, but all the outpouring we received was phenomenal.

Loving the pics from the Bar Hop. I'll be going for my 2nd time in July when we cruise the Freedom. I live in Washington, Il. I hope your community feels the prayers we've been sending. One of the things we learned from the devastation here is YOLO. Enjoy life... cruise on!

Karen