Taking wine OFF of the ship?

CruizCuz

During embarkation, I will be bringing on my bottle of wine, and my husband will as well. We are also planning on purchasing the Cheers program. So my question is this: Can we take one or both of the bottles of wine off the ship when we debark at HMC? Wine spritzers sound nice, and since the Cheers program doesn't work on the private island, this would help, since we are already paying a LOT of money for Cheers. Has anyone done this? Thank you!

Thanks for asking that. We took a cooler off at Princess Cays full of Budweiser and had no problem. Like others said, did not advertise it. Planning on the same for HMC.

I believe the only problem or concern would be the glass bottle on the beach.

Glass or cans, please put trash in the trash can. :)

Thank you ALL for the responses! I didn't think about the "glass" container issue. We could simply pour the white wine into another container, for example, one of our large insulated mugs. That way nothing to break, and nothing to throw away. It just sounds refreshing to make white wine spritzers on the island, with fruit that will be in our cabana. Also, doesn't add to our Cheers bar bill.

No way, beer is much cheaper on the islands than the ship

Not at HMC as the OP was asking about. There is no beer other than what is provided by Carnival at the same price as on board.

Beer is definitely a lot cheaper on Princess ship during happy hour...buy 1 get 1 free...this is why we took it off of the ship on the private island. For same price, we just buy it on the island.