Longer Cruises - How Many Formal Nights?

Flatland

We have an 11 day cruise booked for our next one. My wife asked me if that means there will be more than the typical 2 formal nights. I don't know and didn't find an answer yet.

For any longer cruises, how many formal nights are there? Thanks much in advance.

Kev

2 formal nights for 6+ day cruises.

I just got off the 14 day pride cruise from tampa to Baltimore and they had 3 elegant nights.. The CD and John Heald posted there would be two on facebook prior to the cruise, but then they had 3.. Not sure why.. They also only had 2 seaday brunches on our cruise which had 8 seadays.. Again, don't know why, no explanation was given.

I just got off the 14 day pride cruise from tampa to Baltimore and they had 3 elegant nights.. The CD and John Heald posted there would be two on facebook prior to the cruise, but then they had 3.. Not sure why.. They also only had 2 seaday brunches on our cruise which had 8 seadays.. Again, don't know why, no explanation was given.[

When JH posted on his page about the Journeys cruises, he said that on cruises longer than 8 days, on some of the sea days there would be a lunch instead of a brunch. he posted a couple sample s of the new lunch menus for the sea days that would not have brunch. They looked very good to me. We are doing a B2B with one being a 10 day cruise and the other being an 11 day cruise. We are excited about the new things being introduced on the longer cruises.

I just got off the 14 day pride cruise from tampa to Baltimore and they had 3 elegant nights.. The CD and John Heald posted there would be two on facebook prior to the cruise, but then they had 3.. Not sure why.. They also only had 2 seaday brunches on our cruise which had 8 seadays.. Again, don't know why, no explanation was given.[

When JH posted on his page about the Journeys cruises, he said that on cruises longer than 8 days, on some of the sea days there would be a lunch instead of a brunch. he posted a couple sample s of the new lunch menus for the sea days that would not have brunch. They looked very good to me. We are doing a B2B with one being a 10 day cruise and the other being an 11 day cruise. We are excited about the new things being introduced on the longer cruises.

yeah, I guess that is great for people following him on facebook, but for most of us on the cruise, the fun times just said lunch 12 to 2pm... nothing more, and no mention of why seaday brunch was not being done.. Not sure if there was a special lunch or not... no one I talked to heard about it on the pride cruise

No special lunches on the Pride - in fact, I was very surprised to discover that when I went to dinner in the dining room one night, several of the dishes were repeated from the lunch I had in the dining room earlier that day!

Also disappointed in only two Seaday Brunches out of our eight sea days - and one of those was on a Friday, so I couldn't enjoy my yummy Huevos Rancheros. ;)

As for formal nights, never more than two on the long sailings I've done previously; the third one on the Pride was a big surprise especially after John and Jase both confirmed ahead of time that there would only be two. Weird!

On our HI cruise we had two CE nights and the brunch menu alternated with the breakfast/lunch menus. IIRC we had at least three MDR lunches. Each had a different menu. Each night's menu was also unique.

Edited by SadieN

No special lunches on the Pride - in fact, I was very surprised to discover that when I went to dinner in the dining room one night, several of the dishes were repeated from the lunch I had in the dining room earlier that day!

Also disappointed in only two Seaday Brunches out of our eight sea days - and one of those was on a Friday, so I couldn't enjoy my yummy Huevos Rancheros. ;)

As for formal nights, never more than two on the long sailings I've done previously; the third one on the Pride was a big surprise especially after John and Jase both confirmed ahead of time that there would only be two. Weird!

According to my wife and some friends we met onboard, the Huevos Rancheros were very tasty at the Burrito bar.