Cagney's - No more online bookings (official)

insanemagnet

Thanks for your response, Ole Sole.

And thank you, mypleasure, wow- changing out your bottle for a cold one - above and beyond what is expected! Was there a corkage fee (usually $15 in the MDR)?

Thanks in advance!

Was there a corkage fee (usually $15 in the MDR)?

There's no fee if it was wine purchased in the Vino packages or was complimentary in your cabin.

NCL has a $15 corkage fee on any bottle of wine brought on-board regardless of where it is consumed:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

They'll have you pay the fee right at embarkation and usually have a table set up for that right after security. I have heard that if you don't actually open what was brought on board you can get the corkage fee back but I've never had wine left over so can't speak to this.

Edited by CoffeeGoddess

Cagney's service may be ship dependent.

We loved Cagney's on Dawn-never had a meal in question.

On Sun 2/1/15, we had the UDP and ate there several nights and gave up as the service was not good. I am not blaming the waiters; they were running as fast as they could.

Dirty dishes piled up near us and when someone went to remove them, they were redirected to do something else.

It was not a good dining experience.

Food quality varied; we sent some meals back as they were rare or well done when we asked for medium rare.

The worst part was the person in charge. He was more interested in the lovely young lady in charge of Teppanyaki than in doing his own job.

We switched to other venues and we were OK.

Sorry that this is off topic, but didn't know how to start a new thread. Will be on the Breakaway in less than 2 weeks - and while I understand that taste in food is very subjective - would appreciate any recommendations on particularly mouth-watering, delectable appetizers, entrees, and desserts at Cagney's, as well as those that are only ho-hum, and any to avoid.

Thanks in advance!

The raspberry creme brûlée for dessert is outstanding.

Truffle fries are really good too.

As a part of the Norwegian NEXT program, we’re making some exciting menu updates to Cagney’s. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but you will still be able to make reservations onboard.

uh-oh....Please don't take away my raspberry creme brulee NCL!!! :(:(

As a part of the Norwegian NEXT program, we’re making some exciting menu updates to Cagney’s. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but you will still be able to make reservations onboard.

Uh Oh, this scares me. And can you make up your mind? It is not available for pre reservation and then it is, and then it isn't. And is this a permanent ban on reservations, or just until the NEXT program is revealed? More information please. This answer answers NOTHING.

What possible reason can there be for not taking reservations other than the fact that the cover is going up.

Edit: Well looks like the NEXT program was revealed in May 2014 and I believe the menu was updated around or subsequent to that date.

Edited by punkincc

Cagney's is still available for booking for my June sailing on the Gem.

This is just another typical NCL BS non answer. The PR department apparently has no idea what is going on. Perhaps they would care to clarify which sailing this ban on reservations includes. All ships for the foreseeable future? Up to a specific date?

Edit: just read on another thread that a poster was told Cagneys is no longer part of the UDP and will be available to book on board with a slight discount. Still "stupid excited" LRgPizza?

Edited by punkincc

This is just another typical NCL BS non answer. The PR department apparently has no idea what is going on. Perhaps they would care to clarify which sailing this ban on reservations includes. All ships for the foreseeable future? Up to a specific date?

Edit: just read on another thread that a poster was told Cagneys is no longer part of the UDP and will be available to book on board with a slight discount. Still "stupid excited" LRgPizza?

Yeah, I am. I save my whines for things in life that are worth the energy. This isn't one. New menus excite me. I'm sorry I can't be as negative as people around here would like.

Thanks, BritChickBN1, for your recommendations!

You're welcome!

I just checked my 5/30 Gem cruise and Cagneys is still available for booking. I hope they don't drop Cagneys from the UDP. We usually go at least twice per cruise and I wouldn't want to pay $120 at least on top of the UDP.

Actually I wouldn't pay that at all. I vote with my cruise dollars since at the end of the day that's all that really matters.

Yeah, I am. I save my whines for things in life that are worth the energy. This isn't one. New menus excite me. I'm sorry I can't be as negative as people around here would like.

If stating that you expect NCL to provide some coherent and factual information is a "whine" then guilty as charged. Also am crazy excited that it appears they may be watering down the value of the UDP by removing it from the included venues and moving it over to the 25% discount side. Color me happy!:D

Okay. I have the UDP and have already pre-booked Cagney's for 2 nights and have the confirmation that it is $0. Is NCL saying that Cagney's is no longer part of the UDP? Has anyone verified that? Anyone know if and when this change is effective? Wow. This is disappointing (and deceptive) if it's true.

If stating that you expect NCL to provide some coherent and factual information is a "whine" then guilty as charged. Also am crazy excited that it appears they may be watering down the value of the UDP by removing it from the included venues and moving it over to the 25% discount side. Color me happy!:D

That has nothing to do with this thread, which asked why it couldn't be booked. NCL responded to that. Now you are b****ing that they didn't respond to some unrelated rumor from another thread in this thread. If I were NCL, I'd never give this place a second of my time with the way people around here act.

We just made a second reservation online at Cagney's soooooooooo

I don't know WHAT ya'll are talking about"

Getaway cruising in June

Maybe it just varies by ship.....

We have UDP that was part of the goodies one gets with the AI

Okay. I have the UDP and have already pre-booked Cagney's for 2 nights and have the confirmation that it is $0. Is NCL saying that Cagney's is no longer part of the UDP? Has anyone verified that? Anyone know if and when this change is effective? Wow. This is disappointing (and deceptive) if it's true.

Someone posted on the Booking Freestyle Dining thread today that they called NCL to book some dinner reservations and made the statement that Cagneys is not part of the UDP but could be booked at a slight discount. I asked her to clarify who this info was from and exactly what was said. Several weeks ago, I would have thought it was a misunderstanding, but in light of all the recent changes and misinformation/no information from NCL, now when I smell smoke I am pretty confident there is a fire.

That has nothing to do with this thread, which asked why it couldn't be booked. NCL responded to that. Now you are b****ing that they didn't respond to some unrelated rumor from another thread in this thread. If I were NCL, I'd never give this place a second of my time with the way people around here act.

LRGPIZZA for president! Or Queen!

people- enough with the rumors!

Cagney's is available on our cruise to book Online and , if not with UDP the price is still the same as before.

Ocean Blue has DECREASED to 29 dollars instead of 39.

Is this only in my private Idaho? Seriously--why can the Getaway still book it but on mysterious other threads it is no longer UDP?

I have my confirmations, the cost is zero and I am happy that Ocean Blue is more affordable now.

We need to stick with what we actually know.

And the Cagney's menu was updated a couple years ago..that post seems dated.

We just made a second reservation online at Cagney's soooooooooo

I don't know WHAT ya'll are talking about"

Getaway cruising in June

Maybe it just varies by ship.....

We have UDP that was part of the goodies one gets with the AI

Well, see the response from NCL made here today that Cagneys is no longer available to book pre cruise. How can you possibly be booking it online?? Surely they know what they are talking about!

And IF, it varies by ship and date, surely they could have imparted this information in their statement?

Well, see the response from NCL made here today that Cagneys is no longer available to book pre cruise. How can you possibly be booking it online?? Surely they know what they are talking about!

And IF, it varies by ship and date, surely they could have imparted this information in their statement?

Because I just Did book it again online

Why would I make that up?

Some Gem cruisers say it is also available for them.

If I can figure out a screen shot on this old Ipad I will take one and show you!

WHY WHY WHY are- only negative postings things believable? You yourself don't trust NCL yet you BELEIVE their post?.

I booked Cagney's not 5 minutes before I came on to Cc tonight-I haven't been on for a few daysmaybe.

Couldn't understand the Cagney's thing.

As I had just booked a reservation for 6 people at 7pm using my UDP.

Wow.

Just wow.

I swear I feel like I am in the NCL Twilight Zone here. See post #31 on this thread from NCL. Does it not say that reservations can no longer be made precruise for Cagneys? Just pointing out that this post from NCL explained nothing, and is apparently incorrect as people are confirming that they indeed are STILL making reservations precruise.

I only added the other info as a post script as it is very much pertinent to the topic of making reservations for Cagneys. I agree it is unsubstantiated, but so were a lot of other things which were first reported on cruise critic well before NCL got around to announcing it.