5/1 Dawn still has many cabins available

michaellasdad

I am booked on the 5/1 Dawn and have been watching for price drops as we booked an inside cabin with the hopes of upgrading to a ocean-view cabin at a reasonable price. I have been watching the numbers of available cabins and to date there are still quite a few both outside as well as balcony cabins left for this sailing, what do people think is the chance that they will start offering them to passengers at a reduced rate? As of today there are approx. 50 oceanview cabins and 30 balcony cabins on their website. Any thoughts:confused:

I have been watching that as well. I am scheduled on the Dawn in August/September, but with the winter we've had, I want out of Maine! I think if there are that many cabins to be had, they will be dropping the price. I'm keeping my eye on it!

I have been watching that as well. I am scheduled on the Dawn in August/September, but with the winter we've had, I want out of Maine! I think if there are that many cabins to be had, they will be dropping the price. I'm keeping my eye on it!

I'm hopeful but everyday they go up, I guess time will tell,

Fingers crossed though :D

I've been watching the 5/1 cruise also and the price has gone up twice in the last 5 days. If I was to upgrade now from a obstructed ocean view to a balcony I am looking at almost $800 difference from what I paid. Grrr

Hopefully they up the priced so they could do a 1/2 off sale (without it really being 1/2 off)

I've been watching the 5/1 cruise also and the price has gone up twice in the last 5 days. If I was to upgrade now from a obstructed ocean view to a balcony I am looking at almost $800 difference from what I paid. Grrr

Hopefully they up the priced so they could do a 1/2 off sale (without it really being 1/2 off)

Be patient; they have a lot of cabins left. I think there will be a fire sale coming soon! Probably after the 6th when the promotion ends.

Be patient; they have a lot of cabins left. I think there will be a fire sale coming soon! Probably after the 6th when the promotion ends.

That's what I'm thinking also:)

I hope my PCC is watching for me as well but if not my job allows me tons of time to watch the prices

I hate to sound like a compete idiot, but how do you tell how many cabins are available in a given category?

I am guessing I need to actually pretend to book the cruise? Is this it or is there some other way?

We usually just wait for pricing to fall and take what we can find from a couple of different cruise lines, but we are particularly interested in a single NCL cruise for its timing and itinerary and I would like some idea if we should book or hope for a price drop.

Thanks

Hope this isn't hijacking a thread - I tried to find one close to my topic.

I hate to sound like a compete idiot, but how do you tell how many cabins are available in a given category?

I am guessing I need to actually pretend to book the cruise? Is this it or is there some other way?

We usually just wait for pricing to fall and take what we can find from a couple of different cruise lines, but we are particularly interested in a single NCL cruise for its timing and itinerary and I would like some idea if we should book or hope for a price drop.

Thanks

Hope this isn't hijacking a thread - I tried to find one close to my topic.

Basically what I do is just look at the different cabin categories and count them, easy peasy

Basically what I do is just look at the different cabin categories and count them, easy peasy

So to fully demonstrate my ignorance, where do you look at the different cabin categories?

I tried by "booking" and was offered only three balconies on deck 8 for example. Does that mean there are only 3 balconies left or just three on a randomly selected deck? Do I have to check each cabin category for each deck with that category?

Sorry - I can't seem to figure the NCL website.

So to fully demonstrate my ignorance, where do you look at the different cabin categories?

I tried by "booking" and was offered only three balconies on deck 8 for example. Does that mean there are only 3 balconies left or just three on a randomly selected deck? Do I have to check each cabin category for each deck with that category?

I don't use ncl's website, i go to a 2 letter wholesale clubs website, look at the sailing, click on a catagory and then just count the number of cabins that are showing, one thing ive learned is that they will show a maximum of 15 cabins at a time, that doesn't mean they only have 15 available

Yes, up to 15 cabins can be shown for each category .

It can take a while to count them all .