A few questions from a first time Carnival crusier!

I have also booked the 26th August cruise on Vista and it is our first time with carnival also. We are usually Disney and RCL sailors but the price of this cruise was too good to miss. Disney pricing is getting seriously out of hand so we are starting to look at alternatives. Our school holiday dates are available on our local council website and we don't start back until the Monday after the cruise. It seems that this years summer holiday is a 7 weeker which happens every 5 or 6 years so it is likely that most local authorities will follow.

mrsfuzzmo thanks for your thoughts. :)

I guess I know what I am getting with DCL whereas I have no experience of Carnival at all. And I don't want to be on the carnival ship moored up next to Disney Magic in Naples, Livornio or Rome ( where they would be at the same time) and thinking I wish I were on the Magic!!

I am still so undecided! Unfortunately we don't have an endless supply of money, so deciding what to do for our holiday is a big decision!

Hi Scarecrow here, under a different name!

As you know my first cruise was on DCL, I re-booked DCL onboard to do a med cruise and a Caribbean Fantasy cruise. Along came Carnival who both my friends and family have cruised with,for a fantastic price, so booked to try it and cancelled the 7 night Med DCL cruise. We got a 12 night cruise in a balcony for the same price as a 7 inside cabin. I loved Carnival, so much so that I cancelled the Fantasy cruise I had the largest aft balcony cabin booked on the Fantasy and booked us into the Breeze instead. We have never looked back.

As for fines in case anyone else is reading this. Fines are only issued when 10 sessions or more are taken in a 6 week period, that's 5 days. It's £60 per parent per child. I issue the fines LOL!

Come and join Velvet and I on the 06th August sailing.

See you on the DIBB.

Edited by heatherbelle

Our schools go back on the 5th (possibly 6th if there's an inset) so we've sneaked this one in too. Our head refuses to go back until the week after hop festival which is the first weekend with September in. A holiday at this time is perfect for the end of summer boredom week!

Roll call can be found here http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2156400, but it's a bit quiet so far.

Hi Scarecrow here, under a different name!

As for fines in case anyone else is reading this. Fines are only issued when 10 sessions or more are taken in a 6 week period, that's 5 days. It's £60 per parent per child. I issue the fines LOL!

Come and join Velvet and I on the 06th August sailing.

See you on the DIBB.

Hi Heather :D

Still trying to decide!! Disney is such a pull for us mainly because of DD's age and her interests ( obviously Disney!)

Our schools go back on the 5th (possibly 6th if there's an inset) so we've sneaked this one in too. Our head refuses to go back until the week after hop festival which is the first weekend with September in. A holiday at this time is perfect for the end of summer boredom week!

Roll call can be found here http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2156400, but it's a bit quiet so far.

Wow, what a cool HT!! Yes DD and I fed up of each other by the end of the summer hols!

Thanks for the link :)

• 3 months later...

When my son was 7 and my daughter 10, we took our first family cruise on the Carnival Breeze. While the kids loved the kids club, they ended up sticking with us in the evenings. We went to all the production shows (which they loved) and found them all perfectly appropriate. The Hasbro show was particularly fun. We even went to a family friendly comedy show. The movies under the stars are fun as well, just pay attention to which movies are showing when, as some will be more family friendly than others. On our last cruise DS was 9 and Dd12, and they did more of the evening activities with the club (DD especially). My son even did a couple of the "Night Owl" parties and really had fun. The staff are wonderful.

There is no kids only pool-- and I believe the only designation is for an adults only area. The main lido pool and the water works are the most popular with our kids- they would have done the slides all day.