Car Rental in Grand Caymen

pennme

Thanks for the info, and link. There is a lot of good info. I have requested a reservation thru AVIS. Right hand drive car, and left side of the road. I love an adventure.

We will be there 10/13/2005. B2B on Carnival Victory leaving 10/09/2005. Cat 9a, Room 8443. this is our 9th and 10th weeks, and who knows how many times to Grand Cayman. I've lost count. I can't wait, as if you couldn't tell. :)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;128/st/20051009/e/Carnival+Victory+B2B/dt/-1/k/1d0f/event.png

After you created your ticker on the page that says "this is your URL there are three boxes that say cut and paste. I copied the middle one - HTML- into my signature. Hope that helps.

Ahh, your cruise is right around the corner. How exciting. You'll have to let me know your driving experience.

Thanks for the ticker answer. Yes, while the cruise is just around the corner, it seems SOOO far away. I will definetly post how the driving experience was there. I have driven a Right hand drive car here in the states once, so I have that part down. :)

We've rented a car in Grand Cayman three times, all of them with Cayman Auto. We did not reserve in advance and probably would have saved money if we had. It cost us $50 to $75 each time (got a mini-van once and a convertible once) including a one-day driver's license and insurance.

My husband and I shared responsibility for getting around. He stayed behind the wheel and I regularly screamed "the other side!!" Going straight was no problem (according to my, now deaf, husband). Turning was the scary part. But, honestly, we had no problem. The car rental place gave us a map of the island and we drove all over.

• 5 months later...

I did rent the car in Grand CAyman. It was one of the best days in port that we have had. The driving on the Left side was different, but the only problem I had was that the turn signal, and windshield wipers are reversed on a Right hand drive car. (My windows were clean at the end of the day. :) )

AVIS was fantastic.

Rum Point is a bit of a drive, but well worth it. One of the nicest beaches I have been to.

Archived