Mid-ship oceanview question

bjtravelnews

Hello all. Thanks to all who read and respond here. I have learned so much over the past five years since I started cruising (wish I had started my earlier in life - didn't know what I was missing out on!). We are going on the Breakaway in June. It was a last minute decision to go with a large group of people that work with my DH. Normally, we get a balcony. But since the balconies are so small, we opted for a mid-ship oceanview, deck 5. My main concern is noise. Has anyone stayed in these cabins and found noise from the floor above or below to be a problem? Thanks again for your responses.:)

March 2014 we stayed in a family oceanview on deck 5, midship. It was quite roomy and had no noise. My husband slept better than he's ever had.

We are looking to book on the Breakaway as well and wanted the oceanview, but my concern was the same. Deck 5 looks as though it could be loud, being below the restaurant, comedy club and atrium. Can you tell me what room you had that was quiet. I would like to try that. DH likes a quiet room

Many thanks

We are looking to book on the Breakaway as well and wanted the oceanview, but my concern was the same. Deck 5 looks as though it could be loud, being below the restaurant, comedy club and atrium. Can you tell me what room you had that was quiet. I would like to try that. DH likes a quiet room

Many thanks

We were in room 5102 on the Getaway, but as far as rooms goes it has the same layout as the Breakaway. When we go in January we are staying in 5178 and I hope it's as nice as 5102.

We have category 01 Family Oceanview Staterooms booked on both the Breakaway and the Escape. Here is link to free drag it decks site that we used to help select our staterooms. Use the elevators to help you line up the decks. We have 5162 and 5174 with Guest Services above us.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Breakaway&zoom=1

And in case you haven't seen them here are a couple youtube videos I found. First one is for cabin 5152 on Getaway (sister ship)

Second one is cabin 5146 on Getaway with ceiling bed lowered into place

We had an aft facing big balcony on the Getaway but with four adults for the Bermuda cruise the family oceanview was our best affordable option.

On the Escape there are only 3 of us but I would want bed by the balcony and right now you just can't tell as well as uncertainty about balcony sizes so decided to just go with family oceanview on it as well.

The "away" ships have lots of ocean viewing options so not worried about not having our own balcony. Really love 678 set up and can't wait for Escape :)

Did you see the second video!@???the suite????lol lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought it was cute. I'm just grateful she made and posted the video on YouTube. There isn't a lot of info available on these staterooms.