Quick review of NCL Sky - March 27, 2015

meggie711

Thanks for the great review. I am planning on Sky on 27th of April on a four nighter. Looking forward to it. Birthday cruise for me. GSC sounds great. Never been to Freeport either, so that is appealing too. Thanks again.

Thanks for the great review. I am planning on Sky on 27th of April on a four nighter. Looking forward to it. Birthday cruise for me. GSC sounds great. Never been to Freeport either, so that is appealing too. Thanks again.

Ah, happy birthday! Should be a great time for you! Also, I keep thinking of more details from our trip.. they still do the White Hot Party on the Sky. I hear it has changed to the Glow Party on a lot of the other ships. For White Hot, they recommend that you wear white clothing. They have live singing and dancing that night, and it's a good time. They do give out some of the glow necklaces to people that get out on the floor and dance. For those of you cruising with kids, you may want to buy some of the glow items at your local dollar store or Target. :)

Congrats!! The dining staff in the Crossings MDR love to sing love songs to sweethearts, fair warning. lol

Hope they like to sing to birthday boys like me. I am a big ham for all that kinda stuff. A lot of folks don't want to let anyone know in restaurants. Not me. I tell them up front, It's my birthday. Oh dear, the little boy inside the man.

Hope they like to sing to birthday boys like me. I am a big ham for all that kinda stuff. A lot of folks don't want to let anyone know in restaurants. Not me. I tell them up front, It's my birthday. Oh dear, the little boy inside the man.

Hahaha! Love it! Yes, they do sing to the birthday boys too, no matter the age! I appreciate how it doesn't interfere with the feel of the room like your typical local steakhouse. lol I'm trying to remember what they sang to the lovebirds the other night - maybe it was Let Me Call You Sweetheart..? Either way, it was a sweet moment, and I was impressed by the voice of those singing! :)

Hahaha! Love it! Yes, they do sing to the birthday boys too, no matter the age! I appreciate how it doesn't interfere with the feel of the room like your typical local steakhouse. lol I'm trying to remember what they sang to the lovebirds the other night - maybe it was Let Me Call You Sweetheart..? Either way, it was a sweet moment, and I was impressed by the voice of those singing! :)

Thanks for the earlier birthday wishes. I have traveled with friends twice on their anniversary, and both times I tip off the dining room staff. Both times they sang to my friends. Great memories. Not sure my guy friend likes that, but I enjoy it. His wife seems to also.

Forgive all of the food and drink pics, but this was really a highlight of my trip! lol

The sweet lady working at the buffet made me a chicken ceasar salad, and it was delicious! I, of course, had to add the pretzel rolls. ;)

10348991_10206224621043889_5895894777309129934_n_zpsm8ognapc.jpg

11079377_10206224619283845_9090264729529497341_n_zpss2n63hmd.jpg

I loved the carpet on our deck.. lol So vibrant!

11053382_10206224618923836_5577343400982670695_n_zpsgjlypgdj.jpg

Ok, this was ONLY a part of our test of the UBP..... lol

Hi! I noticed you said you took the turnpike back to GA. In June we are headed out on the Sky, also from GA. Do you recommend the Turnpike over taking I-75 to I-10 to I-95 to Miami? We are still putting things together!

• 3 weeks later...

Loved your review, thanks so much! Sailing on the Sky 5/22 and it's my first time on NCL, not sure exactly what to expect. We have a balcony with the UBP and I had a few questions for you, if you don't mind. First, how does tipping work with the UBP? Second, is there any chance you could post the daily schedules? It'd be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

I am really glad you had such a wonderful time! I'm booked on the Escape in January and originally was going to stay in Miami for a few days pre cruise as is my custom. But recently I saw that NCL was offering the UBP with all room classes on the Sky starting January 1 so I figured for the price of an inside I could have 4 nights on the sky with free food and UBP for cheap. Bagged an inside for a steal and your review has made me sure I made a good choice!:D

Meggie,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! If you have one will you please post a picture of the stateroom. Also from Georgia, I know your tastes are probably similar to mine....and we are staying in 9066 when we sail May 11!!! I'm so excited...first time sailing for both my best friend and I.

• 1 month later...