"Burt Reynolds" is Alive and Well in the Pinnacle on the Eurodam

SabreSailor

We first met Reynauld (he called himself "Burt Reynolds") on the Noordam in 2006, when he was stationed at the head of the Lido line. He became famous for his ability to memorize the names of anyone who came through the line. He'd also sing one of his "happy songs" to anyone who'd listen!

Fast forward to 2013 when we met him again on the Oosterdam in Australia. Now he'd been promoted to a dining steward in the MDR.

And last week, we met him yet again, this time on the Eurodam as a steward in the Pinnacle Grille. Same Reynauld, same songs (but sung very quietly and only by request in the Pinnacle!), and now a daddy!

We were impressed with him too. Probably met him on the Noordam also. Glad he is doing well. We were just on the Eurodam and did dine in the Pinnacle but I know it was a female steward that took care of us. Wish I had known he was there.

We don't know your friend - but with 1000 days on HAL -we FEEL as if we've made MANY friends and truely enjoy our cruises on HAL BECAUSE of the crew.

Now/retired/15 years into more intense cruises [ of longer than 30+ days] we OFTEN are greeted warmly by past friends in the crew. THAT is what brings us back to HAL often/yearly; our "friends"

BTW Have you SEEN Burt Reynolds LATELY???????????? He is NO LONGER a Hollywood Sex Object!.....I hope your friend still IS one!!!!! ;) Anne

We had dinner in the Pinnacle Grill on the Eurodam this month and I wish I had seen "Burt Reynolds". Come to think of it, I wish we had seen OUR steward after the entrée was served!!!

The Indonesian Pinnacle stewards are much more obvious at breakfast in the Pinnacle, and perhaps for lunch (we did not have lunch there).

I was the audience for a couple of Burt Reynolds' morning songs - he was so such a memorable guy! Isn't it funny how the memories of just one or two of the hard working people on HAL can bring back a big smile and wonderful memories?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)