Carnival Cruisers needs help with a few questions

I normally cruise Carnival but as you can see in my signature, I have cruised other lines. I am driven by price and itinerary! :D

Royal's current sale was brought to my attention and I had a couple questions I was hoping some RC veterans could answer for me.

Does Royal offer a rate similar to Carnival's Easy Saver rate where if at any time the rate drops lower than what you paid, you get the rate drop or an OBC?

Also, the rate showing online, do they offer a discount to people who have cruise RC before?

And secondly, can someone tell me RC's guidelines for name changes both before and after final payment?

Thanks to all who reply!

Edited by erby2283

I normally cruise Carnival but as you can see in my signature, I have cruised other lines. I am driven by price and itinerary! :D

Royal's current sale was brought to my attention and I had a couple questions I was hoping some RC veterans could answer for me.

Does Royal offer a rate similar to Carnival's Easy Saver rate where if at any time the rate drops lower than what you paid, you get the rate drop or an OBC?

Also, the rate showing online, do they offer a discount to people who have cruise RC before?

And secondly, can someone tell me RC's guidelines for name changes both before and after final payment?

Thanks to all who reply!

1. Yes and No, you can price match before final payment, after final payment all you can do is upgrade if a higher category comes in equal to or lower than the price you paid

2. Yes, Crown and Anchor Platinum and above members get a discount when booking a balcony or higher.

3. Names can be changed up to, I think, 3 days prior to final payment, BUT one of the names on the original booking must remain.