Booking excursions

Astronomer

I seem to be doing something wrong.

I was told that I could book excursions on line at the carnival site. I sign in, I go to modify booking, I click on the excursions, but it takes me to the same "view excursions" that you can get to from other links.

I click the box that says "book now" and it takes me back to the modify booking page.

Is it that I am too early? Or does this work at some point?

Thanks for any advice.

Oh, wow!

You've got quite a ways to go if your next cruise is 6/06.

I'd say wait until you're a little closer - we were able to book our excursions with no problem within 3 months, after we'd made final payment.

We were also told by someone, not at Carnival, I think it might have been here, that the closer you get to the actual cruise the more excursions they will show as available. So that's why in "view excursions" you will see more excursions than will actually come up for your cruise.

Good luck!

You ususally cannot book your excursions until you are 180 days out. When it changes from "book now" to "add excursion" that is when you should be able to book them.

Like sablerose said, the closer you get the more excursions will be added. So only a few will show available when it is close enough for you to book them

Hope this made sense.

Thanks folks, I am sure you are right, I’m not anxious or anything.

I think I will just calmly sit here and stare at the calendar until March of 2006

I know what you mean. I felt the same way. But time actually went by quicker than I thought it would. I booked mine in February for September.

I seem to be doing something wrong.

I was told that I could book excursions on line at the carnival site. I sign in, I go to modify booking, I click on the excursions, but it takes me to the same "view excursions" that you can get to from other links.

I click the box that says "book now" and it takes me back to the modify booking page.

Is it that I am too early? Or does this work at some point?

Astronomer, I had this exact same problem trying to book excursions for our March 2006 cruise. Some of the ports said "add excursions", but Belize would only give me "view excursions". I think the problem IS that we are too early!

Some other posters pointed out that Carnival is probably negotiating with the tour operators in the various ports, and have not yet finalized the tours.

I think we just have to be *patient*, and wait until our cruise is a little closer. :)

I tired booking on my own, unfortunately that particular excursion is totally bought out that day by Carnival, it was explained to me that Carnival had reserved every single space available on every one of its days in that port. That the only way to book this particular excursion was through Carnival.

I am way too early, although my booking is 100% paid off.

I Will keep trying over the next few months, but from what I have read here, I assume the excursions will be available around 4 months out.

The PVP was not totally sure but also believed I was just too early.

I will just go back to staring at the calendar, so far it has only changed one day. ( sigh ) 289 to go.

Randi's Happy horses however cannot be booked through Carnival and I found out why ( Randi told me ) so I book that one seperatly, looking forward to it.

I tired booking on my own, unfortunately that particular excursion is totally bought out that day by Carnival, it was explained to me that Carnival had reserved every single space available on every one of its days in that port. That the only way to book this particular excursion was through Carnival..........

What excursion were you trying to book that was bought out by Carnival?

Thanks,

John

People will jump on me for this. But my wife wants to do the dolphin swim. And I am going to book it for her.

I used thier website and booked it directly and recieved this e-mail.

------------------------------------

Dear ( name deleted ),

Thank you for your online reservation request. Unfortunately our Dolphin Swim is already fully booked for your chosen date of June 28th, 2006. This is an exclusive tour for your cruise ship that day and all allotments are held by the Carnival Pride.

You will be able to purchase these tickets board your cruise from the shore excursions desk. The tour that day will start and end at the cruise ship terminal.

This reservation request has been cancelled and no charge has been made to your card.

Kind regards

People will jump on me for this. But my wife wants to do the dolphin swim. And I am going to book it for her.........

My wife wants to do that too; at what port are you planning the dolphin swim?

Here is a link to some pretty neat videos, although it is from the Valor, if you watch Chapter 9: Of Coconuts & Dolphins (Cozumel), near the end it has some nice clips of the dolphin swim, I'm sure your wife would enjoy watching it:

http://www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor

John

Archived