Has Anyone Else Had This Happen to their Credit Card?

tinkerme1

Sorry Tink had problems getting onto the board......I would say that given the fact that only one card was compromised, then think the compromise could occur in one of five options

Embarkation - but given the fact that you have the name of a third party linked to the cabin think this unlikely and anyhow they had your name at Embarkation so why not book the hotel name in your name?

Purser's Desk - same thought process as above (including your name) and although a Purser could track down the CA's name, again it leaves more trail to follow and why again, not just use a fake name, obviously someone with the reservation name likely intended to stay in the hotel or was associated with the person intending to stay in one of the two rooms

Cabin - more likely, given the use of the cabin attendant's name in the booking but I suspect not from the room safe given that only this one card was compromised. So if the cabin is the focus, and you ignore the safe, then you have the following two links, either the

Mail Delivery System - more likely. Am I right in presuming your SeaPass account was posted to your cabin in the morning of the last day and left hanging on the door or slipped underneath, and not sealed in any envelope??

If you still have it maybe you could check if it has all the numbers of your credit card listed (here in Mexico when we get a ATM receipt it only shows the last four numbers of the CC eg. ***********0000)

or

Garbage - Possible but if you are like me and keep receipts till the CC bill arrives then the degree of compromise here is nil - which brings you back to the Mail Delivery System.

If you want to reduce the risk of this occuring again (and I really hope that this will be your last experience of this type of abuse) best thing is to close your account late on the last night of the cruise and get a Print Out from the Purser's and insist that you do not get one sent through the Internal Mail Delivery System - or either that use a cash account for those short voyages...the three or four days.....

I wish your VISA investigators the best of luck...given the details you already have this should be fairly easy for them to track down......I saw that the website for the cheaptickets company requires a return email address for the despatch of the confirmation of the booking...so there is a trail.....Sorry this is such a long winded post but I hate when people are abused

Her name was Fanny! I just remembered it Tink. (It only took me 2 whole days LOL) I still don't think it was her. Also, IF it was so easy for the cabin attendants to get into the safes, I would think that the problem would be HUGE!

We've all been on anumber of cruises and this chat board is filled with people who cruise. But this is the first I've seen of this problem. That's why I tend to think it was someone with access to a computer & our embarkation files.

Bermuda cruise was great (big family affair) but yeah, it was a bummer at the end of the cruise to have about 600 cars get spray painted battle ship gray. This has been an ongoing thing at the Bayonne pier and neither RCCL or Celebrity makes the people aware. The power of the CC boards is working wonders to get the word out. But the aggravation of the situation takes away from the cruise experience.

Gert

Archived