not cruising in July?

I have a cruise booked for July, not Thomson but a Thomson TA.

Got a email reminder that the balance was due....TODAY the 4th :eek:

the email arrived at 8.21 pm :confused::mad:

I checked my documentation, the Princess documents say final payment by the 19th! The thomson one says the 4th.....aargh

What do you reckon are my chances? Shop not open until Monday?

It is an expensive cruise but the deposit was only £100. Of course if it all falls through the TA won't get the Princess commission.

Do you have a 'Manage my Booking' option on the Thomson website using your booking ref to get into it? I used that to pay off my balance on-line by bank transfer - any chance of being able to do it that way dave? Might not work though since it's a Princess cruise.

(Is this common practice with TA's? I've just realised that we are due to pay a cruise balance booked through a TA a month earlier than one booked directly with the cruise line. Do the cruise lines require TA's to get the balance a month earlier than they would if they took the booking from the passenger?)

Edited by kruzseeka

I had to pay for my summer cruise booked through a TA earlier too.

I presume the cruise line deadline is the main one, so the TAs will have to process the payment & hand it over in time.

Hopefully you'll have some leeway Dave if they bother to remind you after you've missed the TA deadline.

Thanks for the support everyone. If it goes wrong i will save nearly £3000 so i could book another P&O cruise. This would have the advantage of me reaching peninsular club caribbean status in time for my far east cruise next year :)

I would lose out on the Princess Captains Circle elite status I have because of all the P&O cruises i have completed.

Another thing, if things go OK I must ask the TA to re-price the cruise. If it is lower than the price originally quoted they should be able to arrange a discount from Princess in the form of extra obc ;)

Visited the TA today. There was no problem in paying today, i could even cancel if i wanted, so i did :eek:

Then booked two new P&O cruises for less money than i would have spent on the Princess one, with the advantage that it advances me to Caribbean level in the Peninsular club in time for my hoped for Far east odessy.

Plus i did not fancy flying this summer, or Turkey for that matter.

Dave, did you say you could use you Peninsular Club Points on a Princess cruise but not the other way round? I said this to someone on the Oceana and they said it wasn't true!

Yes, peninsular club points count towards the princess captains circle but not the other way round. My previous P&O cruises mean that I would have been elite level on my first Princess cruise. I had communications from Princess to that effect.

Yes, peninsular club points count towards the princess captains circle but not the other way round. My previous P&O cruises mean that I would have been elite level on my first Princess cruise. I had communications from Princess to that effect.
Thanks Dave, I do like to be right :D:D:D