Paradise problem! No more cabins

amber381

We are scheduled for our honeymoon cruise on the 04/13 sailing. The person who was going to be house-sitting and taking care of my 12-yr old son is now unable to, due to a family emergency. To try to launch a "Plan B", I called Carnival last night to see if they could move us to a 3-person cabin so we could bring him, instead of having to cancel or reschedule. There are none! Not that I am surprised, as we are a week away from sailing. She said the alternative would be to book a single cabin at the rate of nearly $800 or call back on Monday to speak to someone in a different department who can see if there are any 3-person cabins currently booked with only 2 guests that they could switch out. Has anyone ever been in this situation or have any advice?? Thanks!

I have a similar situation with my sailing (now less than two weeks away). With three weeks to go I tried to add a person to my cabin. I'm a solo cruiser and it was a double occupancy room. I though I could just add a person. It's a little more complicated as the ship capacity is determined by the number of seats available on the life boats. You can read the issue here. You'll have to call Carnival and ask because they may be at ships capacity and unable to add a person. Only Carnival would know. Good luck.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186845

We are scheduled for our honeymoon cruise on the 04/13 sailing. The person who was going to be house-sitting and taking care of my 12-yr old son is now unable to, due to a family emergency. To try to launch a "Plan B", I called Carnival last night to see if they could move us to a 3-person cabin so we could bring him, instead of having to cancel or reschedule. There are none! Not that I am surprised, as we are a week away from sailing. She said the alternative would be to book a single cabin at the rate of nearly $800 or call back on Monday to speak to someone in a different department who can see if there are any 3-person cabins currently booked with only 2 guests that they could switch out. Has anyone ever been in this situation or have any advice?? Thanks!

I would expect there are some 3 person cabins with only 2 people in them as CCL assigned all the people who booked gty. inside cabins in the past few weeks or so. I would call ASAP and I believe they can switch someone hopefully. The ship is currently not at full capacity as one can still book a 2 person cabin.

Edited by Cool_Tropical_Breeze

We had a cruise booked on the Paradise in January. We had to cancel only 4 days before we were scheduled to leave due to a death in our family. You never know when a cabin might open up. Keep checking...multiple times each day!

Our 3 kids were in a cabin configured for 2 and they brought in the trundle bed for the 3rd. If there is still space on the ship, I would think they can add a 3rd person using the trundle bed option.

I was concerned about the trundle as I've always stayed in cabins configured for 3 with a pullman bed or couch option but the trundle worked fine even for our 15 year old who is over 6 feet tall.

I've had quite a time with Carnival the past couple day. The first agent told me to call the sailing support team and gave me an extension. She said they could possibly bump a 2 person party out of a 3 person cabin and swap us. I called today the extension she gave, and the lady laughed at me, saying they don't do that and was basically like sorry. She also said that Carnival actually NEEDs cabins for that sailing to set aside so the likelyhood of getting a cancellation cabin is almost impossible. I'm so frustrated right now. The ship is not at capacity, I asked and she said they do not do rollaways or extra beds.

I've had quite a time with Carnival the past couple day. The first agent told me to call the sailing support team and gave me an extension. She said they could possibly bump a 2 person party out of a 3 person cabin and swap us. I called today the extension she gave, and the lady laughed at me, saying they don't do that and was basically like sorry. She also said that Carnival actually NEEDs cabins for that sailing to set aside so the likelyhood of getting a cancellation cabin is almost impossible. I'm so frustrated right now. The ship is not at capacity, I asked and she said they do not do rollaways or extra beds.

You need to call back and talk to a different person.

They most certainly do rollaways on ships that were built pre 2000 unless this is a very recent change.

Bill

Given that Friday night my kid was sleeping on a trundle in Cabin M111 on the Paradise, I know this can't be true.

I'd keep calling until you get someone who seems to actually know what they're talking about.

In fact I called a week prior to my sail date and they confirmed that trundle was noted on my booking and answered questions about if the trundle bed would be comfortable for my 6 foot tall 15 year old.

Last call to Carnival got escalated to a supervisor after an hour with a very sweet agent who seemed to be new and not know very much. Their system was giving her problems and she just seemed unsure of everything I asked. I was in tears by the time I asked for a supervisor. Per the supervisor, there are only certain cabins that can accommodate a trundle/rollaway. When I mentioned a "friend" (poster above) was in M111 and had one, all he would say was my cabin does not meet the requirements. The only difference is that their cabin was an interior, mine is oceanview, but seem virtually the same to me. I got nowhere with him. I don't expect them to don a tool belt and build me another cabin, but I just want a better (and logical) explanation. I will try the roll call idea- that's a good one! Thanks!

Make sure you have the correct travel documents for your son --- passport or official birth certificate, AND notarized permission from the other parent to go outside the USA. Good luck!

Last call to Carnival got escalated to a supervisor after an hour with a very sweet agent who seemed to be new and not know very much. Their system was giving her problems and she just seemed unsure of everything I asked. I was in tears by the time I asked for a supervisor. Per the supervisor, there are only certain cabins that can accommodate a trundle/rollaway. When I mentioned a "friend" (poster above) was in M111 and had one, all he would say was my cabin does not meet the requirements. The only difference is that their cabin was an interior, mine is oceanview, but seem virtually the same to me. I got nowhere with him. I don't expect them to don a tool belt and build me another cabin, but I just want a better (and logical) explanation. I will try the roll call idea- that's a good one! Thanks!

We were just on Paradise 2 weeks ago. We had an ocean view with 2 twin beds and they brought in a roll away for my other son.

......she said they do not do rollaways or extra beds.

We've had rollaways on the Paradise when she was on the West Coast. And on her sister, the Inspiration recently.

You might be running into lifeboat capacity issues in your section.