Dining for 15 on the Gem

This is my first time on NCL and first experience with Freestyle Dining. I want to make arrangements for a group of 15 to dine together (a table for 8 and a table for 7 next to each other) on the Gem in the main dining room. I know I should make arrangements with the dining room to let them know in advance that we have this large group. Do I have to wait until the first night when we go to dine or can I make those arrangements as soon as we get on board? If so, do I go to the dining room to make the arrangements or do I have to go to guest services?

Two eight-tops will be a breeze.

Thank you for your quick response and yes, I know from my other cruises that 8 tops are plentiful but my question is when and where can I let the dining room staff know in advance about our requirement for two 8 tops together. Or are you saying that you don't believe this is necessary and we should just go to the dining room each evening and ask for two adjacent tables without notifying them in advance? I ask this because other threads on this board about group dining strongly suggest notifying them in advance otherwise groups have had very long wait times waiting to get two tables together.

On Carnival and Royal Caribbean the dining room staff is available during embarkation to address dining issues but this is my first time on NCL and Freestyle Dining.