Scandanavia & Russia Cruise - Excursion Money?

SCW17

I hope this is the right board.....

My Mom and I are going on an 11 day Scandinavia & Russia cruise with Princess in just over a month. We are flying into Copenhagen 4 days prior.

My question is: What is the best currency to have for tipping excursion guides, while we are in Copenhagen prior, etc.

I'm thinking that having Krone is best for our stay prior but unsure as to the rest of the cruise. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks!

When we did our Baltic Cruise we had local currancy for both Denmark and Sweden. Our other ports of call were either part of the Euro zone or readily accepted US$, this was particularly true in Russia. (We never felt we needed to have any rubles. But then, the guide on our private tour kept close watch on us and did not give us time to stop at street vendors, either. All the Russian shops were glad to take plastic or US$.

Definitely have local currency in Copenhagen. As a tip, Sandeman's New Europe does free walking tours (you tip at the end what you think the tour was worth). We did the tour last year and it was really good - here's their website

http://www.newcopenhagentours.com/

Enjoy Copenhagen and your Baltic cruise!

Marianne