Checking your on-board spending

orangecat51

Hi, I have just read on another thread (but one that was about 3 years old), that you can check the balance of your on-board account via the television in your room...is that right? Thanks :)

That is correct Orange,,,you can also use the MSC app once you are onboard to check your balance as well. I've had very good luck using the app, but others have not so it's kind of hit or miss.

Hi, I have just read on another thread (but one that was about 3 years old), that you can check the balance of your on-board account via the television in your room...is that right? Thanks :)

As you are UK based , the real answer is "it depends which ship you are on" as not all of them have the service. The Lirica class that have not been streched yet (opera and lirica) haven't got it.

I'm not sure if all the Musica class have , but I'm pretty sure all the Fantasia class do have it.

USA guests for the most have only experienced Divina

Pete

Uggghhhh,,,my bad Pete!!!! I always assume the OP is referring to the Divina when I read some of these posts and never take into account the other ships in the fleet.

There are other ships in the fleet??? :eek: ;)

Uggghhhh,,,my bad Pete!!!! I always assume the OP is referring to the Divina when I read some of these posts and never take into account the other ships in the fleet.

Thanks all. It will be the Divina we are travelling on. SOunds like a useful function to be able to use :)

There are other ships in the fleet??? :eek: ;)

I found that surprising as well

but

IT'S TRUE. THERE ARE OTHERS!! :D:D:

here's two I found looking on the net

MSC RHAPSODY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtEf2-n7vuDdGOw1bw9VadgjWp_IkKVS8Lk7bN8Hdaj5tKJRB6Hg

MSC MELODY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-V9GtAlWEX6bJ9WqLEBFly_1B_NOV5AXJaQsv5AjM3qQghKA0Lg

Edited by Skier52

I found that surprising as well

but

IT'S TRUE. THERE ARE OTHERS!! :D:D:

here's two I found looking on the net

MSC RHAPSODY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtEf2-n7vuDdGOw1bw9VadgjWp_IkKVS8Lk7bN8Hdaj5tKJRB6Hg

MSC MELODY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-V9GtAlWEX6bJ9WqLEBFly_1B_NOV5AXJaQsv5AjM3qQghKA0Lg

Aah little old Melody....that brings back memories! Think she is in Korea now?

Never got around to the Rhapsody or Monterey before they got rid of them.

Aah little old Melody....that brings back memories! Think she is in Korea now?

Never got around to the Rhapsody or Monterey before they got rid of them.

Last October we sailed on Opera and two of our dining companions were on Melody when she was attacked by pirates, it was extremely interesting to get a first-hand account of the episode.

The couple were Expat Brits now living in RSA. Bob was a member of a Lancaster crew in WWII and said the pirate attack ws nothing conpared to flying over Europe and being shot at by real guns. When Dilys, his wife, woke him up to tell him about the attack he just said he wasn't bothered and she should get back into bed.

She on the other hand decided to get dresssed as she wasn't being taken hostage by pirates in her night dress, Great Britsh stiff upper lip attitudes.

As it was the pirates were repelled by passengers hurling sunbeds and tables into the pirates' boats. Anybody who's familiar with the MSC sunbeds would know they would be fearsom weapons when hurled from the height of the upper decks of Melody.

When the attack was over the captain ordered all the windows that had been shot out to be replaced that night as he wasn't going to sail into ort the next day looking as though he had been in a war zone ( which is exactly what had happened)

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Last October we sailed on Opera and two of our dining companions were on Melody when she was attacked by pirates, it was extremely interesting to get a first-hand account of the episode.

The couple were Expat Brits now living in RSA. Bob was a member of a Lancaster crew in WWII and said the pirate attack ws nothing conpared to flying over Europe and being shot at by real guns. When Dilys, his wife, woke him up to tell him about the attack he just said he wasn't bothered and she should get back into bed.

She on the other hand decided to get dresssed as she wasn't being taken hostage by pirates in her night dress, Great Britsh stiff upper lip attitudes.

As it was the pirates were repelled by passengers hurling sunbeds and tables into the pirates' boats. Anybody who's familiar with the MSC sunbeds would know they would be fearsom weapons when hurled from the height of the upper decks of Melody.

When the attack was over the captain ordered all the windows that had been shot out to be replaced that night as he wasn't going to sail into ort the next day looking as though he had been in a war zone ( which is exactly what had happened)

Pete

That's very interesting Pete.

I knew she'd been attacked and that the pirates had been repelled by sunbeds etc. I had not realised that they had been fired upon.

After that MDC switched their repos to and from Douth Africa to the Westbound route. Think someone mentioned that they are reverting some routes to Eastbound.