Just booked 22 days on Epic. Any suggestions?

cjcruises

Hi

I just added a second leg to our 10-day Morocco/ Canary Islands trip, adding 12-day Western Med. for next March.

We have booked two large balconies, deck 12, our kids (teenagers) will be in one, with DH and I right next door.

We have sailed the Med before, on Celebrity, but have only sailed with NCL once (Panama Canal on NCL about 15 months ago Star).

So, does anyone have any tips, advice, suggestions regarding things we won't want to miss on Epic. My kids, twin boys and their sister will be sharing a cabin - any advice re: the cabin toilet / shower?

We haven't ever cruised for this length of time (12 days is our longest cruise to date) so if there is anything I should consider for a lengthy cruise, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Also - we chose the UBP as our perk - seemed like the best bang for the buck as we can purchase UDP for considerably less than the cost of UBP. We aren't heavy drinkers at all but we typically purchase the soda package, so this seemed like a good choice.

Hi

I just added a second leg to our 10-day Morocco/ Canary Islands trip, adding 12-day Western Med. for next March.

We have booked two large balconies, deck 12, our kids (teenagers) will be in one, with DH and I right next door.

We have sailed the Med before, on Celebrity, but have only sailed with NCL once (Panama Canal on NCL about 15 months ago Star).

So, does anyone have any tips, advice, suggestions regarding things we won't want to miss on Epic. My kids, twin boys and their sister will be sharing a cabin - any advice re: the cabin toilet / shower?

We haven't ever cruised for this length of time (12 days is our longest cruise to date) so if there is anything I should consider for a lengthy cruise, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Also - we chose the UBP as our perk - seemed like the best bang for the buck as we can purchase UDP for considerably less than the cost of UBP. We aren't heavy drinkers at all but we typically purchase the soda package, so this seemed like a good choice.

We loved the bathroom setup on Epic! I loved having an actual shower door and not that curtain that likes to creep up on you. lol Not sure the age of your kids, but a lot of people suggest utilizing the balcony when the other person in the room is using the toilet. If I remember correctly, there was a curtain in the room that gives additional privacy for shower time.

Epic was a fantastic cruise for us, my favorite ship to date! We did the UBP on our recent Sky cruise. If you do choose to do specialty dining, I'd highly recommend Le Bistro and Moderno! We were very happy with the MDR's as well. We loved the Ice Bar and Blue Man Group (not sure if they're still on board or not). Great shopping on board. Didn't feel near as crowded as I thought it would. Also, embarkation and disembarkation was quick and easy. Have a great cruise!!!

The primary thoughts around bathroom privacy will vary greatly depending on your family. Both the shower and the bathroom are enclosed in a frosted glass. The glass eliminates the "specifics" of what can be seen, but does permit one to see what is inside in a blurred manner, depending on lighting. You will indeed be able to see if someone is inside the bathroom and/or shower. But you won't really be able to see the details. But, yep, if you look at the bathroom in the right light, you'll be able to see if someone is sitting down or standing up. :-)

So, there is a privacy curtain that pulls across the cabin, shielding the bathroom AND shower from visibility to the rest of the cabin. This works well. But if you haven't pulled it fully across the cabin, it is possible that someone could see some skin as someone steps out of the shower and dries off. Also, other than a locked door, there is nothing to stop someone from entering the cabin from the hallway while someone else is in the shower or bathroom stall. So if one kid is coming/going thru the doorway, a person who is in the shower, may feel their privacy is invaded some. The curtain does not address this side of the shower/bathroom area.

It all will depend on the comfort level of your family with each other in this type of situation. Some ground rules that all understand and abide by may well be in order. i.e. "stay out on the balcony while I shower" or "do NOT open this curtain or peek around the edges" or "you boys go take a walk while your sister gets ready".

Personally, I've sailed on the EPIC twice with another adult friend (2 males) and we had no issue working out the situation. But we are quite comfortable together.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked this 22 days cruise from March 6th to 28th 2016.

We are in mid ship balcony. This is our first time cruise NCL. We usually cruise Princess. I wonder does NCL has a laundry room ? When we cruise Princess we have a free laundry.

We just booked this 22 days cruise from March 6th to 28th 2016.

We are in mid ship balcony. This is our first time cruise NCL. We usually cruise Princess. I wonder does NCL has a laundry room ? When we cruise Princess we have a free laundry.

No Norwegian ships have public laundry rooms. There is a bag service which a few times during your 22nts they'll offer all you can stuff in it for a fee. I'd suggest that would make sense..

It's a free service only to NCL platinum (top loyality scheme level)