ARCADIA - Reassurance needed!!

vodkatonic1961

we had just got off a Seabourn cruise 2 weeks before our Arcadia one....and got a bug there too......when I read about the "Arcadia cough", I was quite convinced that we would be immune as we had already had "it"...... nope....must have been TWO different bugs.....an Aussie/NZ one and a UK one! Must also have been pretty bad ones as I very rarely get cold or flu type things.... I am now quite convinced that we are safe for the rest of the Aussie flu season as we must have already had ALL strains of it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Arcadia from Sydney to Singapore. Yes, some people were coughing but nothing like dome of the exaggerated comments made by some. We gave been on numerous cruises and this one was no worse, in fact better, than others we have been on. If there had been a serious risk to passengers then I am sure we would have had additional hygiene i formation distributed. When we were on a previous cruise, where there had been illness on the previous cruise to ours, we still had very strict hygiene rules imposed, including no collection of your own cuttlery (handed to you by staff), no condiments on table, etc. So enjoy your cruise and just apply dome common sense and all will be well.