Celebrity Summit Questions

DanaJW

Hello, we have cruised multiple times on the Equinox, but never on the Summit. I have several questions and know the experts here will be able to help. Thanks in advance.

1. We are looking to book Concierge Class, Deck 7, aft. I have read that many of these rooms look down on the awnings over the balconies of the suites below. Is this true for all of Deck 7 rooms, just a part of the ship, the aft cabins, or??

2. Anyone have photos out of their cabin on Deck 7, looking down on an awning below? How much of your view do is blocked?

3. We were always able to open the balcony partitions on our Equinox cruises to visit with our friends who cruised with us. I have read that some cabins on this ship have partitions that open and some don't. Anyone have more specific information?

4. Anyone have opinions about the aft rooms on Deck 7?

Again, thanks so much for your help!

Hello, we have cruised multiple times on the Equinox, but never on the Summit. I have several questions and know the experts here will be able to help. Thanks in advance.

1. We are looking to book Concierge Class, Deck 7, aft. I have read that many of these rooms look down on the awnings over the balconies of the suites below. Is this true for all of Deck 7 rooms, just a part of the ship, the aft cabins, or??

2. Anyone have photos out of their cabin on Deck 7, looking down on an awning below? How much of your view do is blocked?

3. We were always able to open the balcony partitions on our Equinox cruises to visit with our friends who cruised with us. I have read that some cabins on this ship have partitions that open and some don't. Anyone have more specific information?

4. Anyone have opinions about the aft rooms on Deck 7?

I can answer #3 -- No, none of them open like the Equinox and other S-Class ships. I believe I read that only the partition between the Penthouse and the adjoining sky suite open up, but I'm not exactly sure of that.

We had an aft cabin on Summit Deck 8 in January. Below is a photo looking out which will show the awnings on Deck 7. I imagine the view from Deck 7 is about the same. The aft cabins are wonderful in our opinion.

View%20from%20Summit%208176_zpszxqtitqe.jpg

Thanks so much for the replies. I love the photo, Atwell!

If our cabin is toward the back of the ship, but on the side, any idea if there are awnings below that location? Judging by the photo, the view of the water doesn't seem to be terribly obstructed. I would just like to know what to expect.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the replies. I love the photo, Atwell!

If our cabin is toward the back of the ship, but on the side, any idea if there are awnings below that location? Judging by the photo, the view of the water doesn't seem to be terribly obstructed. I would just like to know what to expect.

Thanks again.

I think folks are assuming you are talking about C1 staterooms which are normally back aft, with a few on Deck 6. Those are the ones in the picture above.

With a side view, you are probably talking about the C3 balconies back aft on the M-Class ship. Those have normal sized balconies, and there are no awnings looking down below you.