haven on the Getaway - is it worth the price

sjh422

I sail celebrity and royal carribean. Recently, RC has designated a lounge and restaurant for suite passengers only which has been great. Can you give me your opinions on the Haven on the new ships?

We were on the Getaway last summer, in a Spa Haven Suite. WOW! Yes, it was totally worth it. The pool deck gets really, really crowded. It was great to have the Haven area, that had pool, hot tub and quiet. The Haven Restaurant was also superb. The attention and service you receive in the Haven is the best. By the end of the 1st day all Haven employees knew you by name. If there is a deal/special and you can do it, Go for it! You will not regret it at all.

We were on the Getaway last summer, in a Spa Haven Suite. WOW! Yes, it was totally worth it. The pool deck gets really, really crowded. It was great to have the Haven area, that had pool, hot tub and quiet. The Haven Restaurant was also superb. The attention and service you receive in the Haven is the best. By the end of the 1st day all Haven employees knew you by name. If there is a deal/special and you can do it, Go for it! You will not regret it at all.

You hit it right on the head, 100%. We did it one year ago on Getaway, same suite type, first time in anything like this, and after the first day, we both said to each other we were officially spoiled (and possibly ruined!) for all future cruises. And sadly, we were right :rolleyes::D.

COMPLETELY echo the idea of how insanely crowded the regular pool decks were. As an example, one afternoon at sea I decided leave my wife at the Haven pool to take a quick walk to one of the pool deck bars as I hoped to track down some kind of different specialty drink. I cannot tell you the level of contrast that you experience when leaving the keycard-only, soothing, relaxing haven area, and then enter the loud, overcrowded, can't-move-without-bumping-into-someone pool deck. Incredible. Bottom line = you won't regret it! :cool: I could go on and on...but I'd recommend the OP just do it and leave the pleasant surprises for them to experience first hand.

Edited by joeski27

Getaaway is one ship on which I would sail and not need to be in a suite.

We have 3 teens and none of the 5 of us are cruise ship pool people. The kids love the slides and ropes and ping pong and O'sheehans..

We have cruised on her in suites, and have booked again in a suite but only because the price was right.

We used the Haven only for breakfast, a few dinners...and that is it. Our kids found their own afternoon treats, although the butler does drop some off.

If I were just with hubbie and there were not deals I would take a regular cabin and save many dollars.

The food in the other restaurants is good and we are low maintenance .

Also, unlike Joeskis experience- the Haven pool area on getaway and Breakaway has never, ever, ever been quiet when we have sailed. Our summer sailing last year was ridiculous. The Haven was overrun with obnoxious and loud grown ups. The upper deck was not much better than the pool area.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I were in a Haven Courtyard Penthouse Suite deck 16 last year.

The Haven was very quite and elegant. The Haven lounge was perfect for pre dinner drinks. We dined each day while at sea in the Haven restaurant for lunch and one evening for dinner. It was excellent. The upper Haven sun deck was a total escape from the crowed ship pool decks and very peaceful .Our butler was also outstanding !

We enjoyed so it so much we booked the same Haven Penthouse Suite for this September 5th sailing.

Cheers

Was on the Breakaway and stayed in the Haven

Didnt care much for the Concierge(John) or Butler(Armando) but that didnt put a damper on the trip

The Haven Restaurant is a great thing. The service was excellent

The Haven Lounge was great to

As a matter of fact the whole Haven experience was pretty spectacular give or take a lack luster concierge and butler

I would definitely give NCL Haven experience a try

You will love it

Edited by maxwellito

Getaway Haven provided our best cruise ever. The peace and serenity was exactly what I needed for my vacation. Service was awesome. Oliver the courtyard valet went out of his way to take care of us. We liked dining in the Haven and honestly rarely left the Haven area. Absolutely worth it for us. We had a courtyard penthouse and 2 Bdrm next to each other for my inlaws, husband, son and myself. Great crew. We're going back in September.

Worth the price? That depends on what is important to you. I sailed ont eh Breakaway both in and out of the Haven. Both were great trips. I booked the Haven for my Getaway cruise next year, largely because we will be sailing during a prime holiday week, and the ability to escape some of the crowds it important to me. Since we couldn't take a vacation this year, I pretty much doubled my vacation budget for next year to stay in the Haven. I couldn't afford to do it for every trip - and I don't think it is necessary - but it is a nice splurge.

As others have said, whether the value is there is an individual choice. For me, it's definitely worth the extra money. I loved the Haven on the Getaway. We spent sea days on the sun deck and ate multiple meals in the restaurant. Having that quiet, less crowded area was great. Loved the concierge and butler service as well.

But the best part is having both the Haven and the rest of the great stuff on the Getaway is the perfect combination to make a great cruise.