Spending 5 nights in Seattle, looking for reasonably priced restaurants

susanNjay

Our ballpark dining is definitely vegetarian friendly, but not sure about a veggie burger specifically.

The places adjacent to the ballpark (Henry's Tavern, Pyramid Alehouse) are packed on game days, but I like them well enough to eat there when it isn't a game day. My personal strategy for vegetarian-friendlyndining would be Chinese in the International District. It's walkable to the ballpark and there's tons to eat.

Our ballpark dining is definitely vegetarian friendly, but not sure about a veggie burger specifically.

The places adjacent to the ballpark (Henry's Tavern, Pyramid Alehouse) are packed on game days, but I like them well enough to eat there when it isn't a game day. My personal strategy for vegetarian-friendlyndining would be Chinese in the International District. It's walkable to the ballpark and there's tons to eat.

Thank You so much! I figured they probably did and it sounds like I would have other options beside the last resort Veggie Burger LOL!

Chinese in the International District sounds like fun.

I have another question sort of a long food lines... but when we visit other cities we love searching out local craft brews. Does Safeco serve some good local beers? Or should we just check out the Alehouse or Tavern for that? Thanks Again.

Jean

Seattle is incredibly friendly to vegetarians/vegans. Wherever you go, you are likely to find at least one option...usually more. Almost anywhere that sells hamburgers will also have veggie burgers. While the stadium will have options, you will definitely pay stadium prices. A couple other options are Veggie Grill downtown and Yard House (also downtown). Veggie Grill is very good and all vegan. You order at a counter and they bring the food to you...making it a quick option too. Yard House is a more traditional restaurant/sports bar with a ton of vegetarian/vegan options. You can look up reviews on both of these restaurants on Yelp. Both of these places are near Westlake Center. After dinner you can head to the bus tunnel under Westlake Center and take a pretty quick trip on a southbound bus or light rail train to the stadiums. Very easy! :-)

This is a great Thread!

I have a question.

We are going to a Mariner's game when we visit. Game time 7pm

Is there a good spot to grab something quick to eat before we go or would I be able to find a Veggie Burger at Safeco Field?

We have NO car so relying on public transportation.

Thanks for any suggestions

This is Seattle. OF COURSE we have veggie burgers at the ballparks! The Natural, near Section 132, has vegan burgers and hot dogs (including vegan chili dogs). They also have vegetarian options at RicenRoll, the sushi place near section 136, and veggie crepes at La Crêperie in The "Pen (center field, next to the bullpens), and vegetarian pizza at Apizza, also in The 'Pen.

I've wondered what abominations are going on at The Natural. Vegan chili. The very idea! I may have to move seats. My usuals are in 132.

VibeGuy, I think you and I need to go out grazing together sometime. I like your style! :)

Edited by Casagordita

Thanks Guys. So many choices!

Now to find the food truck guy that was on the Deadliest Catch Bait episode last night. He made some incredible looking Fresh Crab Salad. I missed his name.

Yes I am not full on veg/vegan.

Was it Sam Choy’s Pokẻ to the Max?

If you're a Deadliest Catch fan, another place you might enjoy is the Lockspot Cafe, right next to the Ballard Locks. It's a divey little place but they do great fish & chips and a really good smoked salmon chowder. The bar is a hangout for boat crews and other salty types, and they've filmed bits of Deadliet Catch there a few times.

Was it Sam Choy’s Pokẻ to the Max?

If you're a Deadliest Catch fan, another place you might enjoy is the Lockspot Cafe, right next to the Ballard Locks. It's a divey little place but they do great fish & chips and a really good smoked salmon chowder. The bar is a hangout for boat crews and other salty types, and they've filmed bits of Deadliet Catch there a few times.

I think it was Sam Choy, looking that one up. Yes that is the one!

Thanks and we don't mind divey if the food is good.

mmm Smoked Salmon Chowder mmmm.

Hadn't figure Ballard into the equation because of timing.

So many very cool places to see in Seattle for our limited tourist time.

Edited by NewEnglandNANA

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from Seattle & an Alaska cruise. We have two favorite places by Pioneer Square. Bengoodi's Italian restaurant is on 1st Ave. & Cherry St. It is very small with excellent food and good prices. The Owl & Thistle Pub, one block west of 1st Ave. on 808 Post has happy hour from 3-7 with excellent prices and good food. Both of these places are very popular on Mariner game days.

Love this tread!

Doing research for our pre-cruise stay in Seattle. Ran across this site http://seattle.eater.com/maps/readers-vote-16-of-seattles-best-cheap-eats. Not all near downtown, but more food for thought.

There are a lot of my favorites on here! Can't believe they left out Paseo--big, sloppy Cuban pork sandwiches with house-made garlicky mayo. They closed a year ago (temporarily, as it turned out) and the entire city went into deep mourning.

If you're willing to travel outside the standard Pioneer Square/International District/Downtown/Belltown/Seattle Center corridor that most visitors stick to, there are a LOT of great restaurants out in the neighborhoods. Prices are cheaper and the food is often more interesting. Just name a type of food, or a part of town--we're full of ideas!

Thanks! Will add Paseo to my list.

I don't think the new owners have re-opened the Seaview Avenue location yet (too bad, it's really convenient to the Ballard Locks). And don't be scared off by the line. Paseo and Salumi--two places that always have lines, and are totally worth the wait!

Did anyone mention Dick's? As good as In-n-Out if not better.

And if you're bringing older kids or teenagers, the Broadway location may be a required stop (along with the Goodwill Outlet on 6th Avenue S!)

(Dicks first appears at 1:46. Warning, there's some naughty language! :eek: )

We went on our cruise May 2-7. The weather was in the late 40s to late 50s in the ports with NO rain the whole week. We wore long sleeve shirts, long pants and light jackets. Needed to wear rain jackets, gloves and hats to protect us from the wind especially when at sea. Victoria was shorts weather! Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the best (okay, I'll say it, IMO THE best) combination - twofer/threefer/fourfer - outings in Seattle for food, view, neighborhood experience is the West Seattle water taxi from the ferry terminal downtown across Elliott Bay to Seacrest Park on Harbor Avenue facing downtown. http://www.kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/WaterTaxi/WSeattle.aspx

The view crossing the bay is sensational - the skyline, Space Needle, Mt. Rainier.. then when you land, your food truck experience is right there, in the form of a land-based branch of one of the best food truck operations in town. Marination Ma Kai is a Hawaiian/Korean/Mexican fusion place (Spam sliders, Loco Moco, Kalbi beef tacos) with an outdoor beer garden (spiked shave ice, mai tais...) with the same drop-dead view of downtown. http://www.marinationmobile.com/#about

Next door you can rent bikes (or kayaks) and bike, or take the free shuttle bus, or walk of course - on the the level path that runs along the waterfront, around a mile and a half around Duwamish Head to Alki Beach, with its little west coast statue of liberty, sandy beach, views of passing ferries with the Olympics in the background, and more shops/cafes/bars facing Puget Sound. Then it's back to the water taxi and back downtown. Or maybe another stop in the patio. Decisions, decisions.

View from ferry dock -

20091226_31a.JPG

View from Alki Beach -

20140513_47H2.jpg

thanks! this is exactly what I was looking for on West Seattle/Alki