to go order from MDR??

seechiken

does anyone know if it is possible to order something to go from the MDR?

For instance - let's say I am not really hungry and just want to order an appetizer plate or 2 with WCMC to eat on my balcony..i have YTD

Has anyone ever tried this?

Edited by seechiken

For instance - let's say I am not really hungry and just want to order an appetizer plate or 2 with WCMC to eat on my balcony..i have YTD

I have never not eaten at all in the MDR and just ordered "to go" but I have had an appetizer and took my main dish and dessert to go.

I got very sea sick one night in the MDR and left my poor husband to eat alone. The waiter sent my food and dessert with my husband in case I was feeling better once he got back to the room. They just sent it on the normal plates with the covers they use. It was really sweet of him and I got to finish my meal once my Dramamine kicked in.

Having seen numerous incidents where food was sent out of the MDR for any of a number of reasons, I feel safe in saying that most waiters will do this. If they do not, then I would address this with the head waiter for your table and the maitre 'd.

Of course, the logical thing to do is to go to the Lido Deck.........................

Edited by DocF

I got very sea sick one night in the MDR and left my poor husband to eat alone. The waiter sent my food and dessert with my husband in case I was feeling better once he got back to the room. They just sent it on the normal plates with the covers they use. It was really sweet of him and I got to finish my meal once my Dramamine kicked in.

They did this for me too one evening. I left the table not feeling well and the waiters sent my dinner to the room a little while later. I have never asked for something to take back though.

They should do this, all they do is hand you the plate with the cover on top, just like they bring them out. There is literally nothing extra they have to do. Now, if you try ordering a bunch of stuff they may say no because it would need to be delivered to your room on a big tray but a plate or two that you could carry out on your own should be no problem.

Thank you for all the replies - I do snack at Lido or pizza or others most of the time, not because I don't like the food in MDR, I do, but it just takes so long to get the food in between courses and since I do a lot of snacking, I am usually too full for all that food but would love to grab a WCMC and appetizer as they are pretty good.

I have never not eaten at all in the MDR and just ordered "to go" but I have had an appetizer and took my main dish and dessert to go.

So, you just order to go at the front desk or sit down at your table and order to go from the wait staff?

They should do this, all they do is hand you the plate with the cover on top, just like they bring them out. There is literally nothing extra they have to do. Now, if you try ordering a bunch of stuff they may say no because it would need to be delivered to your room on a big tray but a plate or two that you could carry out on your own should be no problem.

everybody just go to the hostess desk and tell them you would like 3 lobster tails and a salad and 2 chocolate melting cakes to go. I didn't want to clean up for dinner!!! all they have to do is bring it to you!:confused:

We were on the pride a few weeks ago and had some cases of noro.

One night DW was not feeling well and tried to take food out for her and was told by MD not allowed due to Noro.

Marched up to lido and made up a plate and took it to her.

Told this to an asst MD the next day and he admitted there is no real rule for this and MD make policy for ship and made no sense to him either.

Edited by love my grandkids

I am sorry, I assumed the OP would sit down and eat something and take the rest to go. I made that assumption when she said something about not being that hungry. I went back and re-read and she doesn't actually say anything about eating in the dining room at all. I don't know if they would do that but if you could sit down and order something then I would think you could get one thing to go if you tell them you are in a hurry or not feeling well. I didn't mean to go to the front desk and place orders. Sorry!

I've ordered the cheese plate dessert 'to go' to bring back to the room - no problem

I also have ordered the cheese plate and then after I received it asked if I could take it back to my cabin. They allowed it.

However, I don't think you can go to the MDR and ask for a "carry-out" app & dessert.

I often take dessert back to the stateroom with me.

Last year on the liberty I asked to bring a dessert & soup back to the room for my husband and was told it was not permitted to bring food from the dining room out.

I don't "ask", I just let our server know, politely of course, that I'd like a cover for the dessert to go. He/she always brings it and includes a spoon and napkin.

Just got off Breeze this weekend and did this for my sister who didn't show for dinner one of the port days. I ate full meal (early dining time), and told the waiter I wanted food to go. He waited til I had ordered dessert and then took the full dinner order for her, appetizer included and brought it back in covered plates for me to bring back to her in the room. She had looked at the menu on the TV ahead of time so I knew exactly what she wanted. So yes it's possible!

Edited by Savlamara