Never sailed NCL / somewhat basic booking question re: Haven benefits

perditax

Just doing some mock bookings through my box-store TA portal and I come up with a pretty big price difference (lower) than NCL's site. That said, the TA's site is pretty stripped down, and I can't tell what benefits are conferred.

If I do a Haven-class booking through NCL, it tells me that I get all four promo codes free (UDP UBP etc). Are those things automatically included in EVERY Haven booking, or is it just a promo strictly via NCL's site, which may explain why the box store is cheaper?

Shorter version: Do all Haven bookings automatically get UDP UBP regardless of how they are booked?

Thanks in advance. I did google first. Maybe not hard enough.

I think the best way to get the best price is to deal with NCL's sales reps directly. I highly recommend Xxx Xxx...

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic.

First of all, I strongly disagree with your opinion of getting the best price through NCL directly, that is almost never the case. NCL agents can not match the prices that TAs can give, we have used one (mainly online) TA for years and usually get about 10% better prices than by booking NCL direct. Now that we are switching over to Celebrity, pretty much the same applies to their prices and our TA.

Also naming TAs or agents is strictly forbidden by CC rules so recommending anybody or any company is not allowed here.

Edited by Demonyte

Just doing some mock bookings through my box-store TA portal and I come up with a pretty big price difference (lower) than NCL's site. That said, the TA's site is pretty stripped down, and I can't tell what benefits are conferred.

If I do a Haven-class booking through NCL, it tells me that I get all four promo codes free (UDP UBP etc). Are those things automatically included in EVERY Haven booking, or is it just a promo strictly via NCL's site, which may explain why the box store is cheaper?

Shorter version: Do all Haven bookings automatically get UDP UBP regardless of how they are booked?

Thanks in advance. I did google first. Maybe not hard enough.

I will say this. If you book through NCL directly, the Haven Suites DO automatically get the 4 pomos (UDP, UBP, Grat, etc). I do not know how it will work with a TA. I have only booked directly with NCL. I don't like middle men. If something goes wrong, needs to be changed or heaven forbid, the cruise cancels, I can go straight to the source. I have been burned by bad TA's. Just keep that in mind when you book with your TA if they try to tell you something different.

Happy cruising. You will LOVE the Haven.:)

I did the Haven 2 years ago & the promotions offered today were not included with the fare.

I think the promotions now, for the Haven, are a good deal if you can afford the Suites. The UBP alone is worth $500 (I was told). Gratuities for 2 for 7 days is about $182. Can't beat that. Its up to you. Personally, I would call NCL & request a Personal Cruise Consultant & go through them.

I booked through a TA. Better prices and I got all the beef its at that time (the options keep changing).

I'm booked in the Haven suites. No issues dealing with NCL on Haven perks.

Same for me. Booked a Haven suite with my travel agent and got all the perks, plus some other discounts I didn't know about. NCL also gave me a latitudes discount that was a surprise to me. We sailed on them last month after a hiatus from them, and were very pleasantly surprised. Really good cruise and the crew was so happy. Made for a wonderful trip. Loved it so much we will do same boat, but in Europe this time, next month. You should def try them. I know Royal Caribbean is switching to no formal nights, but really nice to leave gowns and tuxes at home.

OMG - auto correct. Not all the beef!! All the benefits!!

I really did like the first version though, and even managed to figure it out somehow. :)

Also, thanks for the follow-up responses.

Edited by perditax

I book haven suites through online big box and get all the perks offered by NCL and obc from agency, also. It has been cheaper to book through them than NCL itself.

* I've never gotten beef, though maybe I need to look around some more😜

I book haven suites through online big box and get all the perks offered by NCL and obc from agency, also. It has been cheaper to book through them than NCL itself.

* I've never gotten beef, though maybe I need to look around some more😜

Roger that, and thank you.

(I'll let you know if 'OBBEEF' code works.)