Fascination, Sensation, or Paradise??

no1volman

I've been looking at 4 and 5 day cruises for a specific date and I've narrowed it down to cruises with these 3 ships. When I compare them side by side on carnivals website they look virtually the same. But I would think for people that have been on all 3 ships they would have to prefer one over the others for some reason. Does anyone have an input on this?

I've been looking at 4 and 5 day cruises for a specific date and I've narrowed it down to cruises with these 3 ships. When I compare them side by side on carnivals website they look virtually the same. But I would think for people that have been on all 3 ships they would have to prefer one over the others for some reason. Does anyone have an input on this?

The ship's are all the same ( Fantasy Class) with a different décor. We like the shows on the Paradise & find the Sensation a little bit wilder ( a lot ). I think we are going to try the Fascination since we need a road trip.

Found the food. staff & crew to be a bit better on Paradise.

Char

I haven't been on the Paradise, but have been on the Sensation and Fascination several times each. All 3 ships will have the same layout and same size. I know the Fascination and Sensation have the Waterworks areas, serenity deck, and more added balcony rooms. The Fascination just came out of dry dock and therefore will have updated and newer carpeting, drapery, etc. I found the food on the Sensation to be better than the Fascination. That said, we will be sailing with the Fascination in September 2015, and hopefully it's better. I have read many great reviews about the Fascination lately. For me, it's about price, length of cruise, and ports of call. We chose the Fascination because there will be minimal driving, great price and we get to visit Half Moon Cay. I hope this helps ;)

Are the port of call important to you? If so, then take a look and see if you have a preference. I would much rather go to Grand Cayman and Cozumel than Nassau but that is just my personal opinion. Half Moon Cay is beautiful but I would take the Western route over the Bahamas for a 4 or 5 day.

Whatever you may choose..... have a great time !

If going by boat choice, I'd pick Fascination. Great crew and lovely updated boat. If going by ports of call, I'd pick Paradise's Cozumel and Grand Cayman over Bahamas any day!

Was on Elation last October and she needs an overhaul. She is a lot like Paradise - no updates.

Enjoy whatever you pick!

Based on itinerary, I'd go with the Paradise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Based on ship, I would avoid the Sensation. Worst Carnival cruise we've ever taken. We've been on the Fascination 4 times with mixed experiences from "best cruise ever" to "let's try something else next time" but overall enjoyable.

We haven't completely decided yet. But based on your responses we're leaning toward the Fascination. We only have a small budget this year for vacation. That's why we're leaning toward a 5 day instead of a 7 day. And we're not going to have much in the budget for excursions anyway. It seems no one cares for the Bahamas for some reason. But we took our first cruise last year and went to the Caribbean (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, and Mahogany Bay). At least the Bahamas would be a place I've never seen before.