Help me for choosing excursions

kthan

I will be at Cayman Islands on Oct with my family (my mom, wife, two sons, and myself). I have some questions to choose shore excursions at Cayman Islands.

Since our party had my mom (71yr) and two kids (5 and 3), I doubt we can enjoy snorkeling except my wife and myself. I guess we probably can do Stingray tour because it doesn't requre swimming. As far as I searched, most of the tours include at least one snorkeling in the schedule. At this point, I think we would rather enjoy island tour with shopping. But, it seems to be difficult to find a tour combining Stingray tour and island tour. There is only one by Nativeway. But, unfortunately, they start the tour at 11 am (ship time, 10 am central time) and finish at 3pm (ship time, 2pm central). Our(Mariner) last boarding time would be probably at 3:15 pm (I think it is ship time). So, it would be very close. So, we not only have to wait almost 3 hours until the tour starts, but we would not get some time for shopping.

Since we have two kids, we also consider spending some hours at a beach. There is a seven mile beach (not far from Cruise dock). But, many people got blast at Rum Point. Is it really worth to visit (even if it seems to be very far...the other part of the island)? I, personally, want to visit Rum Point but worried about long travel time. I might have a rent car to get there. But, I don't want to be worried about concerns (losing direction, keeping time schedule, etc.). Nativeway's Coral, Reef, Rum Point might be an option, too. But, again, we are hesitant to do snorkeling at Coral Garden, and it takes 6+ hours (many people were worried about ship boarding time).

Given the situations, I want to ask your advices/suggestions about our excursion in Cayman Island. I appreciate your help in advance.

Archived