*Milestone*

camper49

Got our letters in the mail today for our Milestone Cruise (OBC) !

It's fun to get Carnival mail....beats getting bills!

Good for you, Brenda. We're still a long ways off. Our 2016 B2B will be #15 & #16. We didn't start cruising till 2003.

Very cool. I remember when it was much easier to get a milestone. I think it was only 10 cruises to get platinum and now I have 17 more 7 night cruises to get to Diamond. I don't think I will make that milestone.

It's fun to get Carnival mail....beats getting bills!😄

How nice that you got a letter! I had to call and ask about mine last year, and all I got was a blank email from Carnival with a very plain invoice attached stating "25% milestone," order total one cent, payment one cent, and balance due zero. Lol. Its a good thing I knew what it meant because it sure didn't show any information.

Congratulations on reaching the 25 milestone. I was told it could be used for any cruise up until my 49th cruise. Is that what your letter states?

You know it's funny how everyone's situation is so different. We will be diamond before we hit our first Milestone of 25 cruises. We will be turning Diamond on the Vista TA in 2016 and that will only be our 24th cruise. We have to find a nice long one to use that 25% OBC on. It is nice that they let you stretch it out as we will both get it at the same time.

Edited by cantw82cruise

How nice that you got a letter! I had to call and ask about mine last year, and all I got was a blank email from Carnival with a very plain invoice attached stating "25% milestone," order total one cent, payment one cent, and balance due zero. Lol. Its a good thing I knew what it meant because it sure didn't show any information.

Congratulations on reaching the 25 milestone. I was told it could be used for any cruise up until my 49th cruise. Is that what your letter states?

No,it states that the credit must be used within 18 months of the date in the letter.

You know it's funny how everyone's situation is so different. We will be diamond before we hit our first Milestone of 25 cruises. We will be turning Diamond on the Vista TA in 2016 and that will only be our 24th cruise. We have to find a nice long one to use that 25% OBC on. It is nice that they let you stretch it out as we will both get it at the same time.

?? How r u Diamond at 25 cruises?

No,it states that the credit must be used within 18 months of the date in the letter.

Wow. I guess I better ask more questions since I didn't actually get a letter with details. My PVP was the one that told me the 25th milestone credit could be used up until my 49th cruise. Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me if the 25% is off one person, or the cabin as ours is also not too far away.:)

It will be 25 for both DH and myself. 25% OBC of each of our fares. We booked an aft wrap...so we decided to use both on this cruise.

It's fun to get Carnival mail....beats getting bills!

We didn't get our official letter until after we took our 25th cruise. But on the 25th cruise we did get the White Milestone S&S card. We are using our 25% OBC on our upcoming cruise to Hawaii which is our 27th cruise. We should make Diamond in November of 2016 on our 29th cruise. That is because we are doing two B2B cruises next year. Will be Diamond on the second B2B cruise. Imagine 30 cruises in 11 years. I (we) love the water. Kids are saying we are spending away their inheritance. :) so true.

I have 2 questions. I'm doing a 21 day B2B in Jan 2016. The second leg will be my Milestone 25th cruise. Will I be able to use the 25% OBC on that leg? Is the 25% just my fare or the cabin fare?

I believe so. We used one of our 25ths on our actual 25th. It is an OBC equal to 25% of your base rate paid. The percentage doesn't include taxes and port fees.

I never got anything notifying me of my milestone cruise. First I knew about hitting 25th was the white card I got on embarkation. I had to call when I got home and I'm using the credit on an upcoming Alaska cruise. I've been on two since hitting the Milestone reward, but chose to use it on the Alaskan cruise as it was more expensive.

Hopefully it will appear as an onboard credit. I have absolutely nothing in writing!