Embarkation

elaine61

Collected our tickets today for our forthcoming trip. Lovely little wallet and love the luggage labels!! Don't have to sit and do labels on the PC!!

Anyway, my agent showed me the letter stating that we cannot check in until a certain time dependant on deck number. Are they strict on this? We are staying in a hotel the night before and will probably have to check out at midday at the latest. Was planning to head down to the docks when we checked out. Will we get turned away??

Elaine

Elaine - We used to get proper tie on labels with the look of classic Cunard ones - don't you love those cases with stick on labels from far away places and of voyages from long ago, and "wanted on voyage" Now they look just like airport ones. No romance any more.

We stayed in a hotel in Soton. before our crossing. We were taken to the ship early, around 12.30, and when we arrived we were on board within 30 minutes. I am sure you will not have to wait once you arrive at the ship if you are early. Depends when your hotel gets you there. I would guess that they are given a time to arrive. Makes sense as it helps them to phase arrivals to avoid the crush that happens later on. It really is a great advantage to get on board early. We had time to unpack, drink our fizz, (medium dry if I remember) have lunch in the King's Court and half an hour in a lounger before boat drill.

Hey, I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Hav a great CROSSING and CRUISE.

David.

We are staying in a hotel organised by ourselves rather than by Cunard. Do you think that this will still be an issue??

Hey I am getting really excited too. We've been waiting so long for this trip and I can't believe we've only got another 10 sleeps in our own bed!!!!!

Elaine

When we boarded in NYC, they were very strict with the times but I believe it was because there was a delay due to the enormous amount of luggage being taken off the vessel. Apparently there were "around the world" cruisers who were coming back on the QM2, and some averaged 10-12 bags per couple. In Southampton, we were not due to board until 3:30 p.m. but were on board by 1:00 p.m.

Elaine: since we will be in NYC boarding the ship too, I hope to see you there! I keep looking at your picture that you so kindly e mailed, and hope I can recognize you and your lovely family. We plan to get there a little early too. We will be staying in a NYC apartment hotel and it is not far from the port.

Grace

Archived