Snorkel Gear??

jcs56

We will be doing the stingray snorkel in GC in November. My question is....is the snorkel gear they let you use okay? We have never snorkeled and the only time I see it happening is on a cruise. And we don't cruise too often. It really wouldn't pay for us to buy our own. I am concerned about cleanliness?????? If I used some antibacterial wipes before using the mouth piece do you think it would be okay other than tasting bad!!!

I've never had a problem...although you do wonder about such things. We're cruising on 9/25 and other than a dolphin swim, our days in port we are going to swim/snorkel at the beaches. Because of that, we went ahead and bought our own gear so we don't have to fool with renting at different places when we switch beaches or reefs.

You can find reasonably priced snorkel gear at www.snorkelmart.com or go to any decent sized sporting goods store like Dicks.

jcs.... i live in ohio so getting snorkle equ. is pretty silly do to being so land locked and 100s of miles from the ocean. but i found a really nice set and on clerance sale at target for 14.99 it didnt not come with fins but i thought it was a deal. maybe you could check out stores like that in your area. i just couldnt stand putting the mouth piece in after 100s of people had done before me. so after i cruised in janurary i said i am getting my own. hope that helps

Archived