New to MSC. Wonder if its for us?

judylou

We have come across a good deal on MSC Magnifica, leaving Venice November 29, arriving in Santos December 20. It is a great itinerary for us, but we have only cruised with Princess and HAL before, so we're not sure whether MSC will suit us. We wonder if this would be a popular cruise for families? We're not too keen on having lots and lots of kids around :o) Any information is welcome.

We have come across a good deal on MSC Magnifica, leaving Venice November 29, arriving in Santos December 20. It is a great itinerary for us, but we have only cruised with Princess and HAL before, so we're not sure whether MSC will suit us. We wonder if this would be a popular cruise for families? We're not too keen on having lots and lots of kids around :o) Any information is welcome.

Here is a link to check all the European School Holidays

http://www.schoolholidayseurope.eu/england.html

The main ones to check are IMHO

ITALY (Obviously as MSC is Italian and the departure is from Venice)

PORTUGAL (Brazilian national language is portugese)

France, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia as they all border Italy and are within easy driving distance.

But I doubt whether any schools are on holiday .

when I did a repo, in the opposite direction, Santos to Barcelona (albiet on RCI, who are also kid friendly), there were only 15 children on board.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I've done quite a few repositioning cruises with MSC, there are never many kids onboard because they are too long and rarely during school holidays. Families tend to go for 7 or 11 night cruises in the Med in summer.

I echo what Pete and Amo say - very few children on MSC repos. Lots of Australians on 2 of my repos though :)

Annie

We cruise almost exclusively with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity (about 50 cruises between the 2 cruiselines) and did a 7-day Caribbean cruise on the Divina out of Miami back in October. We loved the ship so much that we are scheduled to depart on their grand voyage later this month. The entertainment was much more enjoyable and the activities staff much friendlier than on any of our other cruises. My husband is Italian so, of course, so many selections of Italian food had him in heaven during the entire cruise. I think I had pizza or pasta every day on the ship.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by a cruise on MSC.

Marianne

Brazilian repos are entirely different animal from a grand voyage out of the Use on a ship adapted to the US market.

Different isn't bad though. Loads of Brazilians and boy do they like to have fun! Masses of other nationalities too but you tend to get more English speakers than on other departures out of Europe. As Annoe say there are always Aussies and usually some Kiwis and South Sfricans as well as quite a few of us Brits. Not usually that many North Americans though