8-Day Carnival Conquest Any Good?

TravelScholar

Just got back from a 3-night quickie on the Ecstasy, which was my first ever cruise on Carnival. Of course, I always get a bug after I've been cruising now, so I was looking online at possible week-long cruises for our summer holiday. I found what seems like a great price on an 8-Day Eastern Caribbean on Carnival Conquest (Fort Lauderdale, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Thomas, Nassau) for about $1400 including taxes for an inside (Cat 4A) for 3 pax (2 adults, 1 three year old).

So my question is basically this: "Is this cruise any good?"

We were less than impressed with the Ecstasy. Food was OK, but not much variety. Buffet very mediocre. And, it seemed like most of the staff was just "phoning it in". That said, I understand that Ecstasy isn't exactly a flagship for Carnival, so perhaps one could expect a different and better experience on Conquest?

Can anyone offer any insight on what we might expect on this cruise in comparison? I wasn't exactly eager to try Carnival again, but the price for an 8-day for the three of us is enticing. Next lowest I could find would be a 7 night on NCL Getaway inside for about $200 (total) more.

Longer cruises are always better. Conquest has several food places that are not on the Ecstasy. You can't beat the price and it is a great itinerary. We cruise on the Conquest on May 2nd and can't wait.

We have been on 20+ cruises and will only choose a 6 night or longer cruise.

Hope you get to go and Happy Cruising.

We just cruised on the Conquest 8 day in March. Lots of food options available during the day (buffet, deli, Guys burger, Blue Iguana, pizza). Definitely a nicer ship than Ecstasy. Ecstasy is smaller and older, but not terrible by any means.

What is the itinerary on the NCL? I think that's a new ship.

That seems like a decent price for summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

What is the itinerary on the NCL? I think that's a new ship.

NCL Getaway sails to Tortola, St. Thomas, and Nassau. I do have a preference for visiting St. Maarten, so the NCL itinerary doesn't appeal to me as much. However, the ship (being newer and knowing that I like NCL's speciality dining and kids programmes) does.

However, the Carnival price seems a really good value, Sofie (my daughter) liked Camp Carnival on Ecstasy enough, and like I said, maybe the staff and entertainment would be better on Conquest.

Additionally, I found an agency that is offering an Oceanview on Conquest for $1500 total (3 pax), and is also throwing in FTTF and a $200 credit.

Edited by TravelScholar

We were on an 8-day cruise on Conquest as part of our B2B this past January. This was combined with the 6-day cruise.

Ours was a different itinerary (GT, Cozumel, Aruba, & Curacao), but we loved the ship and crew.

We just got off the Conquest 8 day on Sunday. The crew was fantastic! Mike Pak the CD is great and the DJ was awesome. Guys burgers and the Blue Iguana Cantina are very good. The MDR was just so so in fact multiple people said they liked Guys better than the MDR. Overall still a very good cruise and would go again.

Congratulations! I was seriously thinking of booking this but I found a great deal on the Victory and am hoping to convince my parents to book. The Conquest and Triumph Classes of ships are known to be some of the favorites for the CCL Cruisers (LIBERTY) so I hope you are going to enjoy this cruise!