Diamond Princess...what to pack?

starlita222

Hello all! Can anyone tell me (maybe someone who has already sailed on Diamond) what type of activities were onboard? Did they have any theme nights (i.e. hawaiian, etc) And how formal are the formal nights? What would and wouldn't be acceptable?

Thanks!

Sarita

We'll be on her in 2 weeks, and I'm interested how cold is it inside the public areas? I've noticed that the ships are VERY air conditioned. So can you wear sleeveless/short sleeve to dinner, or do you need a sweater or a wrap?

Thank you,

You had better bring a warm jacket or something. Once we left Cabo San Lucas and got on the pacific the weather got at least 25 degrees cooler and was a bit windy. That was on the inaugural cruise and not sure about the others. Like said in other post Island Night was the only theme night. Formal nights are just what they say. About half the men were in tuxes and the other half in suits, in bothe Traditional and PC ding rooms. Most women were dresses in gowns or nice pant suits. If yuou don't care to dress up you could always go to the Horizon Court like others did.

Mike

Sea Princess 03/01

Golden Princess 10/01

Sun Princess 03/02

Sea Princess 03/03 (final back to back cruise)

Diamond Princess 03/04 (inaugural cruise)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mbouck1:

You had better bring a warm jacket or something. Once we left Cabo San Lucas and got on the pacific the weather got at least 25 degrees cooler and was a bit windy. That was on the inaugural cruise and not sure about the others.

Mike

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mike, it was nice meeting you at the cruise critic meeting on the Diamond inaugural. I hope they continued to let you use your balcony for the duration of the cruise!

You're right, it was cold on those sea days. Bring a sweater and windbreaker or you can't use your balcony.

We didn't find the inside of the ship to be cold as compared to other cruise lines, but my wife and I are drinking more red wine than we used to! (laugh)

Mike, hope you had a great cruise. Ours was just mediocre.

Best Regards,

Dave & Suzanne

Archived