Embarkation deck on Volendam?

Nicci1

Main Deck. (Forward stairwell and lifts.)

First cruise? OK.... Welcome on board!

When you come through the security and embarkation hall....you will be directed to the gangway. One level right through from the terminal to the ship's door, but might be a ramp up or down slightly depending on height of tide.

Stephen

Edited by Topsham

Thanks Topsham, just what I needed to know.

Sailing same date as you, "Packed already" (but I haven't packed yet!!!)

Don't wear a white tux. You might be taken for a Polar Bear! ;)

Have fun.

You should look through the Roll Calls for your cruise in the VOLENDAM. Might get some tips.

Stephen

Main Deck. (Forward stairwell and lifts.)

First cruise? OK.... Welcome on board!

When you come through the security and embarkation hall....you will be directed to the gangway. One level right through from the terminal to the ship's door, but might be a ramp up or down slightly depending on height of tide.

Stephen

Good to Know, thanks :) for some reason I thought in Vancouver the gangway had us entering on the Lower Promenade deck and that we walked on to the lower promenade. But then the only non Vistas I have done in Vancouver were Ryndam and Veendam.

BTW I am on the Volendam May 20th :D

BOTH!!!!

Here a few photos ... google 'STATENDAM Gangway Vancouver'..... (OK same heights as VOLENDAM) showing Main Deck.

Then here is photo showing a VISTA using a Lower Prom Deck. You would think.... higher. Google for: Vista gangway Vancouver

Quite simple.... the height of tide range at Vancouver can be as much as 16 feet. The mid range can handle doors at Main Deck. If there is a very low tide then the gangway ramp will go to Lower Prom Deck.

Stephen

BOTH!!!!

Here a few photos ... google 'STATENDAM Gangway Vancouver'..... (OK same heights as VOLENDAM) showing Main Deck.

Then here is photo showing a VISTA using a Lower Prom Deck. You would think.... higher. Google for: Vista gangway Vancouver

Quite simple.... the height of tide range at Vancouver can be as much as 16 feet. The mid range can handle doors at Main Deck. If there is a very low tide then the gangway ramp will go to Lower Prom Deck.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen, I thought we had entered on the Lower Prom deck once in Vnacouver :)