Sunshine or Freedom?

imfunny

My family (my husband and I with our 13 and 17 year old boys) is taking a cruise on May 16th. We just can't decide between the Sunshine or the Freedom. Help..... Which one is better and why. Thanks!

My family (my husband and I with our 13 and 17 year old boys) is taking a cruise on May 16th. We just can't decide between the Sunshine or the Freedom. Help..... Which one is better and why. Thanks!

We just faced this decision a few weeks ago, and after so much debate among our family, we decided on the Sunshine. We chose this due to the itinerary (although we are doing Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk). The reviews for the Sunshine have varied, so we are a bit nervous, but excited to try a newly renovated ship with all of the upgrades! The differences between the Sunshine and Freedom are the size (Sunshine is a bit smaller), The Sunshine has the ropes course and waterworks, along with the Sports Court. The Sunshine was completely renovated a few years ago, while the freedom just received a renovation that included the 2.0 upgrades, but really didn't change the decor of the ship. Also, the sunshine has the Cucina del Capitano...besides that, the Freedom and Sunshine have all of the same restaurants and activities including Guys, Blue Iguana, Playlist Productions, Hasbro Game Shows, etc. We live in Texas and the freedom is much closer, but we thought the drive to Florida would be worth it for 3 great ports and the upgraded ship. Also, exploring around Port Canaveral is always fun :) For us, the ports are the most important thing, so that is why we chose the Sunshine.

I would Choose the sunshine because of the endless things to do on it. Also, you get one more day on board so you can do whatever you like! Also, there's more dining options, I think... and there is a much better on-deck activities (Waterworks, Ropes Course, etc.) I also, like the ports better for the Sunshine

No, 8 days on Sunshine to San Juan, St. Kitts,St. Thomas, and Grand Turk.7 days on Freedom to Belize, Rotan, and Cozumel. Also the freedom is about 400 cheaper.

I would choose Sunshine. St Thomas has Maegans bay which is BEAUTIFUL, Grand Turk is awesome (skip margaritaville and walk to Jacks Shack) and Old San Juan is great for sight seeing. Haven't been to St Kitts but we are looking at the same itenerary.

Ive been to Cozumel too many times and its the same ol t-shirt shops. Belize was filthy and not appealing and Roatan is ok but the free beach that carnival owns is crowded and over priced.