Legend WiFi??

Does anyone have any recent experience with the wifi on the Legend? Is it decent/upgraded speed? Are they offering an unlimited package?

I need to stay connected for work and am deciding whether to buy some cell data (sign up for a plan) or rely on the wifi. TIA

Just off Legend. Wi-Fi speed very variable- mostly quite slow. Seemed to take ages to log out- meaning precious minutes wasted. Cost- expensive! I paid $29.95 for 60 minutes to be used throughout the cruise- did that 3 times, but only went online for very short periods each day to check emails etc.Unlimited plan was either $299 or $399 for 15 day cruise as far as I can remember- haven't got the info from the ship!

I would be happy to pay more for the cruise up front and have wi-fi included! I'm sure RCI would make more money that way!

Just off Legend. Wi-Fi speed very variable- mostly quite slow. Seemed to take ages to log out- meaning precious minutes wasted. Cost- expensive! I paid $29.95 for 60 minutes to be used throughout the cruise- did that 3 times, but only went online for very short periods each day to check emails etc.Unlimited plan was either $299 or $399 for 15 day cruise as far as I can remember- haven't got the info from the ship!

I would be happy to pay more for the cruise up front and have wi-fi included! I'm sure RCI would make more money that way!

Thank you! Bummer about the speed. Does anyone else have info on the cost of the unlimited package?

Thank you! Bummer about the speed. Does anyone else have info on the cost of the unlimited package?

The internet prices are in flux right now. Some ships are running around $190 for a week of unlimited, others have gone to $15 per day for unlimited.

Edited by clarea

We were on Legend 3/30 - 04/17. We were thrilled to get 2 devices for 15 days for $155.00. The wifi was so slow it was worthless. I only received e-mails maybe twice in the entire cruise. We couldn't FaceTime family or our business. It was pretty much worthless. Don't waste your money.

We were on Legend for the 13 day transatlantic in Oct 2013, and used the WiFi from our stateroom several times a day. Slow, but able to use email reliably. Could not use any VPN.

While most of the ships have been retrofitted with pervasive wifi, the whole system is very slow, particularly for older ships.

So now, you can sit in your stateroom and be frustrated, instead of having to look for a hot spot to be equally frustrated.

The problem with the unlimited package is that as more people sign up for it, it not only jams up the wifi system, but the whole satellite connection system.

And like Bob says, the packages can vary , not only ship to ship, but cruise to cruise. Basically, you never know before hand how much will cost.

One last thing, if your cruise will be stopping at US ports where your cell phone works, look into an aircard. They can work very well in US ports.

Edited by mo&fran

We disembarked on 4/29 & paid $170 (after my $29.99 discount) for unlimited access during our 15 day cruise. We were in a midship cabin on deck 6 & I could generally connect from the cabin early morning & late night. During the day, I had to go to the Centrum or pool area for a connection. I had no problems with email, Facebook, or messaging but was unable to send any photos.

We just returned from a b2b on Legend and the internet was hit and miss as long as the Satellite was working!! Legend does not have the more sophisticated system like you might find on Quantum, Allure or Oasis. It did crash on both April 13th and April 28th, the days prior to debarkation and was not up and running until later in the evening.

We were in cabin 8514 and got a very poor WiFi signal even though one of the routers was located right outside our door.

The best connectivity was in either the DL or CL, up in the VCL or on any deck close to the Centrum.

Edited by cruisenfever