Long Beach pier to LAX

jamielbx

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the pier in Long Beach to LAX? What is the earliest flight time that I could reasonably book for the day that we disembark? We are cruising on the Princess Diamond in Sept.
Thanks,
Jamie

It is a 25 to 45 minute drive. With the 2 hour before departure rule, I would not book a flight before 12 noon. That might be a little conservative, but I hate to cut it too close.

Greg

Viking Serenade 5/93
Viking Serenade 9/98
Ocean Princess 9/00
R4 9/01 <-Bankruptcy Cruise 8-[
Star Princess 3/02
Ocean Princess 9/02
Vision of the Seas 11/02
Diamond Princess 9/04

We are going on the Diamond in October and are flying to LA the Friday before and staying at the Queen Mary on Friday night. Was told you could walk from the QM to the Diamond as it is in the next dock. Is it easy to get a cab/van at LAX when we arrive or should we book something before we leave and then have a pick-up when we dock on Saturday? Thanks.

The Long Beach Cruise terminal and the Queen Mary are basically at the same place. It is about a 5 walk across the parking lot from the QM hotel entrance to the terminal. At LAX, there are "Shared Ride Van" stops on the lower level outside every terminal. You do not need reservations leaving LAX. There is usually a represenative of the van companies there and they'll tell you which van to get on. There are two van companies: Super Shuttle and Prime Time Shuttle. I have used Super Shuttle (blue vans) many times and have never had any complaints. [url="http://www.supershuttle.com"]www.supershuttle.com[/url]
If you want a taxi, there are tons. As far as leaving the ship, I think you might need a reservation. I am not sure if the stage vans at ther cruise terminal or not. If you want a taxi, that again should be no problem. Have a good trip!

Greg

Viking Serenade 5/93
Viking Serenade 9/98
Ocean Princess 9/00
Star Princess 3/02
Ocean Princess 9/02
Vision of the Seas 11/02
Diamond Princess 9/04

• 1 year later...
[quote name='Greg3322']The Long Beach Cruise terminal and the Queen Mary are basically at the same place. It is about a 5 walk across the parking lot from the QM hotel entrance to the terminal. At LAX, there are "Shared Ride Van" stops on the lower level outside every terminal. You do not need reservations leaving LAX. There is usually a represenative of the van companies there and they'll tell you which van to get on. There are two van companies: Super Shuttle and Prime Time Shuttle. I have used Super Shuttle (blue vans) many times and have never had any complaints. [url="http://www.supershuttle.com"]www.supershuttle.com[/url]
If you want a taxi, there are tons. As far as leaving the ship, I think you might need a reservation. I am not sure if the stage vans at ther cruise terminal or not. If you want a taxi, that again should be no problem. Have a good trip!

Greg

Viking Serenade 5/93
Viking Serenade 9/98
Ocean Princess 9/00
Star Princess 3/02
Ocean Princess 9/02
Vision of the Seas 11/02
Diamond Princess 9/04[/QUOTE]

doesnt The diamond saiil from san pedro ?

Hi, I agree with previous poster, doesn't Diamond sail from San Pedro ?? We have sailed with Princess twice out of LA harbor which is San Pedro. I live here in the Long Beach area and I thought that Carnival was the only line going out of Long Beach. You did know that they are different ports right ?
I went to the Princess site put in Diamond , Mexican Rivera, October and it came up Los Angeles, which is different from Long Beach. If you arn't sure you should call either you TA or 1-800 Princess, before you make you reservations for hotels etc. Hope this helps. :)
Cori

The above posters are correct that Princess sails out of San Pedro. We are sailing on the Sapphire this coming April and it will be out of San Pedro also. A while back another CC poster put this site on the board and it was helpful for knowing where the ships are: [url]http://www.pcsterminals.com/Default.aspx[/url]
If you go to the calendar on the left it will tell you where the ships are. The bar across the top will show month and year.

Hope this helps. You will definitely need transportation to the San Pedro pier. We will be staying in Long Beach next April and will be getting a taxi to take us to the ship. Was told it should run around $17 or so. We will see.

Archived