Port changes with Msc

Lamura

Please could anyone help my partner and I booked Msc Fantasia and have been advised that there are four changes following the awful news in Tunis. Whilst this cannot be the fault of Msc they have amended the times of other ports and now also have 32 hours at sea previously 15. So from the 7 ports 4 have been changed I.e different port or time changes. Does anyone know where we stand? I will be honest Msc have been awful and this is the first time in 12 cruises I have experienced such awful customer service. My last resort writing to the ceo or Abta. I understand that significant changes can result in me being refunded but how do you define that? To me 4 out of 7 stops changed is significant but surely it's interpretation? Anyone experienced the same or can anyone help? Thank you in advance

Edited by Lamura

Please could anyone help my partner and I booked Msc Fantasia and have been advised that there are four changes following the awful news in Tunis. Whilst this cannot be the fault of Msc they have amended the times of other ports and now also have 32 hours at sea previously 15. So from the 7 ports 4 have been changed I.e different port or time changes. Does anyone know where we stand? I will be honest Msc have been awful and this is the first time in 12 cruises I have experienced such awful customer service. My last resort writing to the ceo or Abta. I understand that significant changes can result in me being refunded but how do you define that? To me 4 out of 7 stops changed is significant but surely it's interpretation? Anyone experienced the same or can anyone help? Thank you in advance

It's all in the T & Cs, Good luck with any comlaints, but do remenber that they are a private company and section 14 gives them the right to change itineraries with NO OBLIGATION TO THE PASSENGER

t%20amp%20C.jpg

t%207c%202.jpg

t%207c%203.jpg

Edited by Skier52

There is always the consumer leglistation that says any contract that is not individually negotiated and puts the consumer at a disadvantage is unfair and cannot be upheld. If MSC's terms and conditions are unreasonable, they would lose a small claim. The sections about the master having to divert due to an emergency or distress are fair. To confuse them with the absolute right regardless to change the itinerary is not.

The limitation of liability in such a case is whatever money you have paid. It is not like getting 400 Euros compensation for delayed £20 flight.