UBP with other adults in same cabin

I am trying to understand how the NCL UBP works. On Royal Caribbean one adult in a cabin can get the beverage package while other adults in that cabin do not need to get the package. On Carnival, all adults in the same cabin must get the same beverage package. How does it work on Norwegian? I would like to get the drink package for me but my wife does not drink and would not have any need for a beverage package.

All adults in the cabin must purchase the same package. This is stated in the description of the drink packages on the NCL website:

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.
Yes, the sentence totally falls apart grammatically at the end :D but the part about everyone in the same stateroom is pretty clear. Edited by hawkeyetlse

Is this different when you receive the UBP as part of the promo? My husband and I plus our 21 year old daughter will be in the same room. My husband and I both received the UBP package, but our daughter (much to her dismay) only receives the unlimited soda package.

Is this different when you receive the UBP as part of the promo? My husband and I plus our 21 year old daughter will be in the same room. My husband and I both received the UBP package, but our daughter (much to her dismay) only receives the unlimited soda package.

Yes it is different, promo UBP is only for passengers 1 and 2. But If you purchase additional packages to the 3rd and up passengers, the normal rule applies.

Edited by Demonyte