cozumel cruise excursions question

Mom3Boys

Hi,

I have been looking at the Cozumel shore snorkeling & beach club excursion through cozumel cruise excursions. Has anyone done this excursion with them? There will be 9 of us and two are children 5 & 8. I thought the beach and snorkeling experience would be a good match but I am interested in opinions of people that have done this excursion. It does not mention which beach club is involved but I know it mentions Chankanaab shallow reefs so I am assuming it must be somewhere in the park?

I really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Linda

No, I don't think it is in Chankanaab Park.

From http://cozumelinsider.com/Beaches it looks like it is Playa Uvas Sur, but I could be wrong. In any case, since you still have to get your own taxis to get to the beach if you go witht the cozumel cruise excursion package, you could probably plan your own adventure and save some money.

If you want a beach area and want to snorkel you might consider going over to Chanakaab Park. They have both.

Admission is $12 per adult, not sure of child's admission.

Cab fare for 4 people is about $6 if I remember correctly. More $ for more people.

Hi,

I have been looking at the Cozumel shore snorkeling & beach club excursion through cozumel cruise excursions. Has anyone done this excursion with them? There will be 9 of us and two are children 5 & 8. I thought the beach and snorkeling experience would be a good match but I am interested in opinions of people that have done this excursion. It does not mention which beach club is involved but I know it mentions Chankanaab shallow reefs so I am assuming it must be somewhere in the park?

I really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Linda

It is Nachi Cocum and they reopen Sept 22nd. We are booked for Sept. 23rd. I hope they make their deadline, as they have assured us they will be open. They have been repairing damage from Hurricane Emily.

If we find Nachi Cocum closed, plan B is to go to Paradise Beach and worry about our deposit from NC later.

Here is the latest from Nachi Cocum:

info: Thank you for Contacting Live Help. Please wait for the next available Excursion Expert to respond. Please ask our Excursion Experts about our Tours in Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Calica and Playa Del Carmen!

info: You are now chatting with 'Monica'

Monica: Good morning, how may I help?

Me: We will be there next Friday - Sept 23rd. Are you still planning on being open by then?

Monica: Yes..and you are confirmed

Me: We were told it would open Sept. 22nd

Monica: that is correct

Me: Thanks, we are really looking forward to being there!

Monica: I am sure you will have a great time!

Me: Just checking all my reservations before we leave Sunday

Monica: good idea..

Me: Thanks for your help - bye!

Monica: don't forget you cofirmation letter

Monica: bye bye

Me: I have all my documents packed - thanks for the reminder

Me: bye

Monica: bye :-)

The information I received yesterday seems to contradict the e-mail I received this morning:

To Our Valued Clients,

We are very sorry to tell you that we were just informed today by the management of Nachi Cocom that due to circumstances surrounding the re-construction at the Nachi Cocom the re-opening of the club will be delayed for several weeks.

On behalf of everyone at Island Marketing we are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience and we share your disappointment. When Hurricane Emily hit Cozumel as a category 4 storm, we did our best to support Nachi Cocom by continuing to take reservations for them as we were assured that the club would re-open no later than September 22nd. We are very upset to learn at this late time that this will not be possible. It appears that in an effort to support our operator, we have inconvenienced and disappointed you, our valued clients. For that we are truly sorry. This is the second delay we have encountered with the re-opening of the club and we can no longer continue to support the beach break until the issues surrounding the re-opening are resolved.

We have therefore put a stop sell on this product until further notice and will not sell this excursion until the club has officially re-opened.

This is a wonderful beach club, with a great staff who we wish for nothing more than a rapid return to their jobs and livelihood. Many have been without work since mid July when Emily hit. We hope the management of Nachi Cocom can resolve everything promptly.

Prior to issuing a full refund for your deposit for this excursion we would like to offer any assistance you may require with rescheduling a new activity for your time in port. If there is an activity on our site that appeals to you we can simply transfer your deposit and issue a new confirmation for that tour. We are including information on our popular Palm Beach Break, as well as our Shore Snorkeling Beach Club for your consideration. Please advise us as to how you would like us to proceed, by replying to this email, and we will respond according to your wishes.

Your patience and understanding with this difficult situation is greatly appreciated. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Andrew Bacon

Operations Manager

Island Marketing Ltd.

Oh my goodness. There are only about 20 beach clubs to choose from. This should not be a crisis. The alternative you mention is but a single offering of many available. Do some research with Cozumel Insider or Cozumel My Cozumel boards for ideas if you have drawn a blank.

There are many beach clubs, for sure. The problem is we leave in three days and need to replace the all-inclusive deal we had which was secured with a deposit. This offer allows us to transfer our booking with the original deposit. Space is limited and time is running out. Sure we could decline the Palm Beach offer and who knows if or when we would get our deposit back.

Many of us booked weeks or months ago. Much research went into finding a place that suited our desires - ie. few children, pool, food, beverages, etc. After repeatedly being assured that NC would be open - even as recent as yesterday, we now have to frantically research and book something. We much prefer the assurance of a reservation when travelling to foreign ports.

We are aware of the websites listed, but our original choice was based on reading many independant reviews on these boards. The websites tell what and where, but do not give unbiased reviews of the customers experiences there.

Wow! If Island Jim is an indicator of how the people in Cozumel are, maybe I won't get off the ship!

I was really looking forward to this as it didn't seem to cater all that much to children, was inexpensive, had a buffet, and included liquor.

I've actually decided to do the Jungle Adventure in Playa del Carmen. So, we are getting off the ship, just not spending our money in Cozumel.

Archived