Cancelling one cruise, booking another, already bought Bon Voyage - couple questions

Avril

My BF and I are going to switch cruises (cancel one and book on another) but already bought a bottle of liquor and some soda from Bon Voyage. I was just wondering, when you cancel a cruise (hoping to do this online) do any BV purchases automatically cancel as well or do I have to call Carnival and take care of it. If I have to call, can they transfer my purchase to the new booking or not? I just don't want to end up paying twice (or trying to buy a couple bottles for the new cruise but can't because of the 2 bottle limit)!! :eek:

Thanks!! :D

My BF and I are going to switch cruises (cancel one and book on another) but already bought a bottle of liquor and some soda from Bon Voyage. I was just wondering, when you cancel a cruise (hoping to do this online) do any BV purchases automatically cancel as well or do I have to call Carnival and take care of it. If I have to call, can they transfer my purchase to the new booking or not? I just don't want to end up paying twice (or trying to buy a couple bottles for the new cruise but can't because of the 2 bottle limit)!! :eek:

Thanks!! :D

I actually just had to cancel my May Valor cruise and had some BV items purchased. I did call to cancel them myself and was told that they would have automatically refunded when the booking was cancelled.

I would think they won't transfer to the new booking. I would just wait to get the refund on your credit card and then repurchase. Unless you new cruise is within the next week, you would have plenty of time to order.

You don't need to cancel your old booking and make a new one. Just call and they will make the change for you. Otherwise you'll end up with a pending refund on your credit card which you may not see until your next billing cycle plus a new charge.

Any purchase that you've made towards your current cruise will also be refunded and you'll need to purchase the items again for your new cruise.

This is one time when it's helpful to pick up the phone and have someone assist you instead of trying to do it yourself online.

Thanks so much everyone, super happy I won't end up paying for me BV twice!!!! :D I think you'll all pretty much made my day. How long does it normally take for the refund to go back onto your cc?