altering reservations with the UDP

Jofishes

i know that i can make reservations in advance, i will figure out how to do that nearer the time

but what i was wanting to know is this

we're a family of 4 with two older kids (they would almost have us believe they are adults LOL)

if i make a reservation for all of us and one or both decide the night before or on the day that they want to eat elsewhere will that cause a massive problem

my daughter has food allergies and also doesn't eat meat so a lot will depend on how she can be best accommodated in each restaurant

we're staying in the haven if that helps

Go ahead and make reservations for your entire group on-line if you want. There is no penalty for last-minute cancellations or even no-shows with the UDP, but naturally it's still the right thing do to let the restaurant know as soon as you can if you won't be needing those seats after all. I would not let my kids flake out on dinner reservations we've made just because there's no penalty; they need to commit to coming or not coming ahead of time.

You can contact the restaurants once you are on board to discuss your daughter's food restrictions, and then decide which reservations you want to change or cancel (just for her or for the whole group).

Go ahead and make reservations for your entire group on-line if you want. There is no penalty for last-minute cancellations or even no-shows with the UDP, but naturally it's still the right thing do to let the restaurant know as soon as you can if you won't be needing those seats after all. I would not let my kids flake out on dinner reservations we've made just because there's no penalty; they need to commit to coming or not coming ahead of time.

You can contact the restaurants once you are on board to discuss your daughter's food restrictions, and then decide which reservations you want to change or cancel (just for her or for the whole group).

i get you and they are not going to get the option to flake out at all ;) i have two kids both with additional needs and one with food allergies and dietary restrictions, at some point in the cruise it just might just happen when we need to cancel 2 off to best meet those needs, hence my question

fingers crossed that won't happen but just in case it's good to have the information available

we've already made contact with the access desk to cover my daughters needs including her restricted dietary ones so fingers crossed and all being well we will get to dine every night in any restaurant of our choosing together as a family :) it's something we never take for granted

thanks for your help

I booked my udp reservations online. When a free Cirque Dreams booking became available, i had to telephone NCL to cancel a conflicting reservation because there is no way to change reservations online.

While speaking with the rep on the phone, i asked what would happen if we had booked more than one non-conflicting reservations on the same night and failed to show. She advised that we would be charged an extra cover charge for failing to show. You can cancel up to 24 hours before. If you show up and eat at the second reservation there would be no charge. Take this info FWIW.

If you are in a suite or the Haven, talk to the concierge and you can change dining as you like. We had pre-planned all of our dining venues pre-cruise and changed almost everything once onboard. This will not be a problem.