Glory-excursions

m-cruiser

I am traveling on Glory this late this month, and I want to book some excursions (time is running out!). I was hoping that some of you with experiences in these ports might be able to offer some suggestions.

We are stopping in Belieze, Key West and Cozumel. In Key West we are planning on not booking anything and just getting off boat and wandering around and doing things as we see fit, i heard you might be able to rent jet skies there, that could be fun...

The 2 things we really want to do is snorkel and see ruins. After looking at some other threads on this website, I think we will see ruins in Belieze and snorkel in Cozumel.

In Belieze trying to decide between Xunantunich and the Altun Ha ruins and river tour. I think we are leaning towards Xunantunich because the actual ruins seem more interesting and there is a lunch, however the Altun Ha trip has a river boat tour that might be interesting.. any suggestions there??

In Cozumel there is a great selection of snorkeling options. looking at the sail, snorkel, beach party, or power snorkel... how are is paradise island? Also as for night life, I see there is a Senor Frog's party boat.. are you able to just go there without the excursion?

Thank you for any suggestions that you may have! Everyone on this site seems very helpful and I am looking forward to hearing suggestions! :)

the altun ha/rio wallace is a nice tour, you see a lot of belize, spot some reptiles, bats, maybe dolphins or a manatee nose, and the altun ha ruins are not a bad experience and not a bad climn..yo can purchase a belizian lunch for $5.00 that is good and filling

m-cruiser .... Because of the things you wish to do, you'll have a great time in your ports of call. :)

Just want to mention a couple of things that you may want to consider. In Cozumel you will have the opportunity to go to MAJOR ruins (like you see on the History Channel) vs. minor ruins elsewhere on this itinerary. Downside, is that the best is very long hot day! (We've seen all of the ruins we ever care to see in this lifetime ... but glad we did them when we did! .... :rolleyes: ) :D

In Cozumel there is no problem going to Senor Frog's, Carlos'nCharlies, etc. on your own. You absolutely do NOT need an excursion.

In Belize, if we had to pick from your two above, we'd do the Alton Ha River Boat. We've done neither so this would be a decision TOTALLY based on what others told us when returning last time. (DH had a sprained ankle so we stayed on the ship.) We are going to be in Belize again in January on Glory and will probably do this excursion: Barrier Reef Snorkel & Rendezvous Key Beach Break (on Belize Board or just click here)

Just our opinion .... Know you'll have a fantastic time whatever you decide!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

mcruiser..

We are also going on the Glory later this month. 9/24. Our plans are to wander aimlessly and pointedly :-) through Key West. My friend has booked the cave tubing in Belize, but I plan on staying onboard and making it my spa day.

Cozumel is my favorite place. We will be swimming with the dolphins at

Chakanaab Park; then off to Paradise Beach where we can get beach massages, water sports, etc. We plan then to return to the ship; shower/change and head back out to shop; making a stop at either/or as many as we want of: Carlos & Charlie's; Senior Frog's and there was one other suggestion made of a place to eat/drink... I'll try and find that and send it to you.

If you happend to be traveling on those dates.. let me know. On roll call we have a large group that have "met" and we have some great activities planned.

Karen

Karen,

Yes! I happen to be on that cruise as well! It is a family group of mine all going together. Thanks for the excursion tips.. I am really excited for Cozumel as well! I think we are going to do some snorkeling thing in the morning, then come back to the boat (this is my 1st cruise... can you get on and off the boat as you please?) then go to Paradise Island and go out at night. Kinda sounds like what you have planned. I heard the massages at Paradise beach is $1 a minute, do you tip on top of that?

Thanks for letting me know about the roll call i'll have to go look at that forum.

Thanks for your info! Any more advice would be great!

Archived