Opinions Requested / Which Cruise?

utahman27

My wife, her sister, her niece and myself are trying to decide between two cruises in May 2016, and I'd like to request the opinions of this board on which of the two you'd rather go on.

Now, were deciding between a Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruise, so I'm posting this in both forums. My wife and I have cruised Carnival before (3 times for me, 2 times for her) and our last one was on the Dream to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Nassau, which was incredible. My sister in law and her daughter have never cruised before so we want to try and pick the best cruise possible so they have a good time.

Right now were deciding between the 8 day Southern Caribbean (La Romana, Aruba, Curacao & Grand Turk) on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami, and the 9 day Caribbean (Bermuda, St Maarten, Haiti and San Juan) on the Anthem out of New Jersey. The Anthem ends up being about $150 more than the Breeze, but that's not really an issue. On the Breeze, we'd all get an interior spa room that comes with the free spa access and amenities, where we'd get just a regular interior room on the Anthem. My wife's niece is big on activities and entertainment on the ship, so we know we'd get more of that from the Anthem, but have concerns about the long lines that were being reported on the Quantum (sister ship), as well as the dynamic dining (though I believe the new classic dynamic dining on Anthem might fix some of those complaints).

I know most on this forum have exclusively sailed Carnival, but was hoping to get opinions from everyone on which one they'd pick, including those that have sailed both.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by utahman27

Not trying to be a cheerleader but I would go with the Breeze. You know the ship will be great, the itinerary is my personal preference although both look great, it is cheaper AND you get the spa room. Easy decision for me!

Not trying to be a cheerleader but I would go with the Breeze. You know the ship will be great, the itinerary is my personal preference although both look great, it is cheaper AND you get the spa room. Easy decision for me!

I'm on the same page as you. If it was purely my decision, I'd do the Breeze, but we are concerned that my wife's niece may not enjoy that ship as much, as the Anthem does definitely have more on board entertainment/activities. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't want to try the Anthem as well.

The way I look at it, the Anthem is the more "high risk/high reward" option, where the Breeze is definitley the more "safe" option.

Thanks for responding!