Photo Review of the Magic 4/12/15 Sailing

Raven Days

Thank you very much for the great review. We are sailing out in 11 days on the Magic. I have talked to many that was on that same cruise you were on and it is always interesting to hear everyone's take on the same cruise. Everyone has different experiences... heard nothing but great things. Sorry that it was not the case with your experience. Hopefully the next one will go great for you and glad you were not hurt from that floor.

I was on the same cruise, I'll get around to doing a review eventually. (Spoiler alert: We had a great time);)

I was hoping to see a mention of the alert that happened on Friday or Saturday. Did you ever hear what that was about?

My husband mentioned the slippery floor, I hadn't noticed , but did after he said something. Glad you weren't injured!

According to someone else, it was a high fog alert that went off. And of course someone else said it was a fire in the engine room. I smelled a very faint scent of smoke but nothing major. I know the emergency lights along the hallways were turned on. I was not too worried as I knew that if it were something big, we would have been told quickly. The captain did sound a bit concerned on his first announcement, however.

Thank you very much for the great review. We are sailing out in 11 days on the Magic. I have talked to many that was on that same cruise you were on and it is always interesting to hear everyone's take on the same cruise. Everyone has different experiences... heard nothing but great things. Sorry that it was not the case with your experience. Hopefully the next one will go great for you and glad you were not hurt from that floor.

I had a wonderful time. This is the first time I had less then stellar comments about a cruise however. Thank you for the comments and I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

According to someone else, it was a high fog alert that went off. And of course someone else said it was a fire in the engine room. I smelled a very faint scent of smoke but nothing major. I know the emergency lights along the hallways were turned on. I was not too worried as I knew that if it were something big, we would have been told quickly. The captain did sound a bit concerned on his first announcement, however.

Definitely some panicked sounding announcements. We were in the lido and two security officers raced by after the one calling for security. The original announcement called a response team to the sports deck, we originally thought someone got injured. I saw an ex-military man talking to a table of older women and he had ran back to his room and filled up his cargo shorts with all his important stuff and had his cell phone in a plastic bag, etc.

I saw a small boat not too far away and wondered if that was it and they determined it wasn't a concern. My husband thought it was too far to be a concern. Maybe more folks can chime in, it'd be interesting to hear what others found out.

Thank you for the informative review.

Did you purchase any ship pictures for formal night?

Or other nights. I am just wondering what the backdrops are this year,

if they have changed since last yr. I always hope they will come up with some new backdrops, etc for the photo booths.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your wonderful & forthright Photo Review...review was great & photos were great...

When we went on the Carnival Magic's Sister Ship the Carnival Breeze, we had read a review that talked about how slippery the lido buffet was and the person had a fall..When we went on the Carnival Breeze the floor was slippery (we didn't fall), but one day a young boy went by us in the Lido Buffet and he was actually skating on the floor with regular tennis shoes (not the roller kind)...I guess somehow they don't use a grease cutter type cleanser on the floor...

Besides that, the Carnival Breeze was Fantastic in every way and one of our best cruises. :):):):)

Freeport

An old Carnival ship renamed the Grand Celebration

DSCN7267_zpsja9zfnda.jpg

Another cruise ship...I have never heard of this one before. Of course I had never heard of the one above either.

DSCN7269_zpseghwwsxh.jpg

Port Lucaya Marketplace

DSCN7320_zps4wcuxlfp.jpg

DSCN7293_zps8cvihhws.jpg

DSCN7298_zpsvo6cvznu.jpg

DSCF7185_zpswic9beqe.jpg

That used to be the Carnival Celebration, it was our 1st. cruise, loved that ship. One of our favorites.

Thanks for your wonderful & forthright Photo Review...review was great & photos were great...

When we went on the Carnival Magic's Sister Ship the Carnival Breeze, we had read a review that talked about how slippery the lido buffet was and the person had a fall..When we went on the Carnival Breeze the floor was slippery (we didn't fall), but one day a young boy went by us in the Lido Buffet and he was actually skating on the floor with regular tennis shoes (not the roller kind)...I guess somehow they don't use a grease cutter type cleanser on the floor...

Besides that, the Carnival Breeze was Fantastic in every way and one of our best cruises. :):):):)

I noticed lots of people using the spray on sunscreen, it can be super slippery when it gets on the floors. I wonder if the wind carried it in and helped attribute to the slippery floors.

Thank you for the informative review.

Did you purchase any ship pictures for formal night?

Or other nights. I am just wondering what the backdrops are this year' date='

if they have changed since last yr. I always hope they will come up with some new backdrops, etc for the photo booths.[/quote']

No. We didnt. I had trouble getting everyone together to do it. Its the one thing I regret. As for as the backdrops they looked the same as when I was on her last year. They had an all white one that I loved. I had bought the little girls, sailor dresses and the boys blue shorts and white polo's. And I think it would have been cute for that back drop.