Convince me *not* to take a Divina Cruise

coldflame

If they REALLY want our business, they would not sail from Martinique. Most people would not take the extra time or money to fly there.

I leave on the Divina at 5 today for our trans Atlantic to Rome!!

Agreed Josey, its really set up for Canadians, and the French with airlines servicing the island.

That's why I think Tampa!:D

Josey, have a great cruise!:D

Josey,,,MSC Orchestra sails from Martinique,,,,now if she sailed from San Juan as American Bear suggested,,,that would be wonderful!!!!!!!:D:D

San Juan (Old Town) is a draw. And popular!

Fall, Winter, Spring Cruising brings 5 cruise lines with 7 ships to San Juan, so the business must be there.:)

I enjoy old San Juan myself. And people like it because it is still in our country. I always like stopping there. There is a lot to do. And you feel like you are in Spain. In fact on our family cruise in July, we will go there again.

josey.......gotta get outta here soon!

Hey Mike,

my aunt has a house in Naples and is a "snow bird". I just went there for the first time in Feb. She is not a cruiser tho.

Naples is a very boring city,,,,unless you like to golf, lie on the beach or eat out a lot,,,assuming it's before 10pm,,,there really isn't a whole lot to be said about Naples night life!!! It's very quiet here though!!!:D:D

How can you say that Mike? :confused: What about Tin City??? :rolleyes: I actually had my first grouper sandwich at Riverwalk and it was heavenly. And I discovered that we could walk under the highway from there and ended up at what is now the Bayfront Inn for cocktails on the terrace. Score! (Hee, hee...I'm easy.) :D

Alison

How can you say that Mike? :confused: What about Tin City??? :rolleyes: I actually had my first grouper sandwich at Riverwalk and it was heavenly. And I discovered that we could walk under the highway from there and ended up at what is now the Bayfront Inn for cocktails on the terrace. Score! (Hee, hee...I'm easy.) :D

Alison

I think in the 15 years we've been living here Juneau,,,we've only had lunch or dinner at Tin City maybe twice. A lot of the tourists and seasonal people tend to go there and parking is always a mess so I think that's why we avoid that whole area. I do go to Bayfront once every 3 months to get my haircut at Robert's Of Philadelphia though!!!:D:D

It sure is a small world Mike! :D DH and I live in Yorba Linda, CA but have a second home in Ft. Myers, FL.

Tin City is definitely a tourist trap, that's why I've taken a few friends there. ;)

PS- Thanks for turning me on to Chip!

Edited by JuneauWhatIMean

It sure is a small world Mike! :D DH and I live in Yorba Linda, CA but have a second home in Ft. Myers, FL.

Tin City is definitely a tourist trap, that's why I've taken a few friends there. ;)

We just met a couple onboard this past week who live in South Fort Myers. They are a great couple,,so blessed to have met them. Hopefully we'll meet up with them this weekend,,,their dying to have us over!!! Haaaaaa!!!!:D

I enjoy old San Juan myself. And people like it because it is still in our country. I always like stopping there. There is a lot to do. And you feel like you are in Spain. In fact on our family cruise in July, we will go there again.

josey.......gotta get outta here soon!

I must be one of the few cruisers that just cannot stomach San Juan :o

I really don't know which one I like less, Nassau or San Juan ... but both of those are ship days for us :)