Rhapsody and Jamaica

We are booked on the Rhapsody for 4/30/06. Our original itinerary was a stop in Montego Bay which was changed to Ocho Rios. I just went the RCI website and tried to look at that date and the first page still had Ocho Rios listed but another page had it changed to Key West.

This is our 3rd cruise on the Rhapsody and have been to both Key West and Jamaice. I doesn't bother me where I go. Galveston is less than an hours drive away and sooooooooo convienent. I'd be happy just to get on the ship and sail around the Gulf for a week.

I know April is still a long way away. Just curious as to what is going on with Jamaica. Thanks

When we first book our Rhapsody cruise for next September, the intenerary had us going to Ocho Rios, which the DW wanted. I did not really care as long as she would let me go with her. :)

It then changed, and had us going to Montego Bay. No explanation. No notice. Which was still ok, DW was a little miffed, but still ok with me as long as I was still going.:)

Well now we are back to Ocho Rios. DW is back to the Happy Mode and I still get to go.:)

The only explanation I heard was about the amount of money Royal would have to pay going into Montego Bay versus going to Ocho Rios. Port fees and such. Not sure why there would be a difference for ports in the same country. So I guess it was a financial decsion on Royals part.

I really could care less, I still get to go on a cruise next year.:D

When we first book our Rhapsody cruise for next September, the intenerary had us going to Ocho Rios, which the DW wanted. I did not really care as long as she would let me go with her. :)

It then changed, and had us going to Montego Bay. No explanation. No notice. Which was still ok, DW was a little miffed, but still ok with me as long as I was still going.:)

Well now we are back to Ocho Rios. DW is back to the Happy Mode and I still get to go.:)

The only explanation I heard was about the amount of money Royal would have to pay going into Montego Bay versus going to Ocho Rios. Port fees and such. Not sure why there would be a difference for ports in the same country. So I guess it was a financial decsion on Royals part.

I really could care less, I still get to go on a cruise next year.:D

Husker, you are one lucky dude!!!!

We are booked on the Oct.30th sailing on the Rhapsody. When we booked we were scheduled to go to MoBay. Then it was changed to Ocho Rios, which I thought was better because the things we wanted to do were closer to OR. Then they changed us to Key West. As far as I know we are still scheduled for KW. The story I got was taht Jamaica had upped there port charges and the RC will not be going back there until May of 2006, I guess since this is a busier time they can afford it then?:confused: Anyway, we had another couple going with us and they canceled when RC made the change to KeyWest. Our TA tried to tell us that this cruise never went to Jamaica in the first place!:eek: Anyway, it's a long drawn our story, but this is the information I was told about all the changes.

We are booked on the Oct.30th sailing on the Rhapsody. When we booked we were scheduled to go to MoBay. Then it was changed to Ocho Rios, which I thought was better because the things we wanted to do were closer to OR. Then they changed us to Key West. As far as I know we are still scheduled for KW. The story I got was taht Jamaica had upped there port charges and the RC will not be going back there until May of 2006, I guess since this is a busier time they can afford it then?:confused: Anyway, we had another couple going with us and they canceled when RC made the change to KeyWest. Our TA tried to tell us that this cruise never went to Jamaica in the first place!:eek: Anyway, it's a long drawn our story, but this is the information I was told about all the changes.

Archived